• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • grahamsy2k

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Terre Haute
    So I was mowing my girlfriends lawn today and a car pulled up next door and walked up to me and asked if I lived at the house I was mowing, I said no. "So you probably don't know the people next door" he said. I said no. He then told me he was from the city (Brazil) and he was going to take a walk around their property (The house next door).

So he went and walked behind the house and I contiuned mowing (own my brand new john deere:rockwoot:). not even five mins later he was driving off.

My question is; is that legal for him to just walk on their property while they werent home?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    So I was mowing my girlfriends lawn today and a car pulled up next door and walked up to me and asked if I lived at the house I was mowing, I said no. "So you probably don't know the people next door" he said. I said no. He then told me he was from the city (Brazil) and he was going to take a walk around their property (The house next door).

So he went and walked behind the house and I contiuned mowing (own my brand new john deere:rockwoot:). not even five mins later he was driving off.

My question is; is that legal for him to just walk on their property while they werent home?

Did he show credentials, explain why he was taking a stroll on the property....did you ask........:dunno:

That does not go un-challenged around here.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008

If there are no signs or barriers restricting entry and the person has not been previously asked to leave, then it's not trespassing. I'm not going to quote the whole IC, but it's this one:
    IC 35-43-2-2

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    He showed me his badge. He didn't say why, I didn't ask why. I almost feel like I didn't have the right to. Wasn't my property.

Badges.....we dont need no stinking badges............................:rockwoot:

I get your point but really, badge or no he should explain himself.
    We have had this happen around here with the city zone patrol and other agency's. We make them clarify what when and why. I will watch them just to be sure. Trust no one un-less you know them. Tell the folks he was there.
    JMHO of course but these days folks find new and creative ways to do dastardly things.

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville

Now for the important question - What JD did you buy??? I have a 2004 X485SE. It's the equivalent of a new X730. John Deere RULES!

grahamsy2k

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 24, 2012
    Terre Haute

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    While we've gotten equal performance from the tractors of John Deere's competitors, there is no equal to a John Deere lawn mower.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Badges.....we dont need no stinking badges............................:rockwoot:

I get your point but really, badge or no he should explain himself.
    We have had this happen around here with the city zone patrol and other agency's. We make them clarify what when and why. I will watch them just to be sure. Trust no one un-less you know them. Tell the folks he was there.
    JMHO of course but these days folks find new and creative ways to do dastardly things.

Why? Sure you can ask, but why should he be compelled to answer?

LANShark42

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Evansville
    no haha

City of Brazil badge.

Thank you! thats what I really wanted to talk about. Its a D110, its a basic model but Its still awesome. I just had to try it out today even though the lawn was still a little wet!
    D110 is a decent mower if you take care of it and don't abuse it. Congrats!

Waveraider

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Indianapolis
    My guess is he was there to check for a new deck installed or something that a neighbor complained about. Either way, more income for the town of Brazil (tax or fine).

Top Bottom