• ...and so much more!
  • IndyGal65

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Speedway, IN
    It would be seen as not being normal as the normal for most humans is to other sex attracted. While homosexuality may occur naturally, it is just not the norm but a deviation from the norm. If you ask people it is not something that they would seek in a child. Look being an alcoholic is genetic as well. It is called an addictive personality. Again if we had the option, most people would want to screen out most of these genetic deviations.

Wow. Just wow. "I don't want a gay kid, or a red headed kid, or one that has 11 toes, or blah, blah, blah"...what do you mean by screened out? Aborted? Genetic testing with the parents?? I'm glad my mom and dad, if they would have had the means, didn't "screen" me out of existence. Now if there was a way to screen out a-holes, the world would certainly be a better place.

squirrelhntr

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    n.w. indiana
    Nor have they disproved it.

I truly believe I was born this way. As long as I can remember, I've been attracted to the same sex. When I was young, I didn't understand it or even know what being gay meant. I had two normal, loving heterosexual parents, and I was never abused in any way. I had both male and female friends growing up. I even dated boys in high school. However, without going into the gory details, I prefer being with a woman. Its how i feel heart, mind, and soul. I'm not a man hater by any means, but it is what it is. I'm not saying there aren't people who might experiment a time or two, but I can't imagine why, WHY anyone would "choose" to be gay.

I agree with you that there are definitely births with dual genders. I've talked with O.B. nurse's. I also can't understand why anyone would "choose" to be gay ? I think it has something to do with the " the fall of mankind" in the garden ???? the human body is like a piano, and the spirit is the pianist controlling the music being played.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Wow. Just wow. "I don't want a gay kid, or a red headed kid, or one that has 11 toes, or blah, blah, blah"...what do you mean by screened out? Aborted? Genetic testing with the parents?? I'm glad my mom and dad, if they would have had the means, didn't "screen" me out of existence. Now if there was a way to screen out a-holes, the world would certainly be a better place.

If parents were given a choice, do you think the majority would choose to have a child who would become a homosexual or a heterosexual? I'm guessing that's what he meant by 'screen out', if such genetic technology existed.

squirrelhntr

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    n.w. indiana
    Nor have they disproved it.

I truly believe I was born this way. As long as I can remember, I've been attracted to the same sex. When I was young, I didn't understand it or even know what being gay meant. I had two normal, loving heterosexual parents, and I was never abused in any way. I had both male and female friends growing up. I even dated boys in high school. However, without going into the gory details, I prefer being with a woman. Its how i feel heart, mind, and soul. I'm not a man hater by any means, but it is what it is. I'm not saying there aren't people who might experiment a time or two, but I can't imagine why, WHY anyone would "choose" to be gay.

I agree that there are births with dual genders. I've talked to O.B's about it before. I also don't know why anyone would "choose" to be homosexual. I believe it has to do with the "fall of mankind" in the garden. the human body is like a piano, and the pianist is the spirit controlling the music being played. imagine the human body being the Fender Stratocaster guitar, and the human spirit being Jimi Hendix. perfect combination. IMO, it's a spiritual thing. like those American Indian's said they're is no love like a man and a womans. none.

Last edited:

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I find myself wondering if some guys just got teased so much when they were in school for stuff that was really hurtful to them, and for whatever reason were powerless to respond, that they spend the rest of their lives trying to get payback.

That may be close to the truth. Had a situation where an academic who studies campaigns and elections was wondering how people developed their political worldview. In the 1950s and 1960s most people developed their views because of family discussions around the dinner table. As the academic pointed out, those days are gone. We know that most people develop their political views about age 15.

I noticed that Hollywood seemed to be stuck on rewriting high school thus Revenge of the Nerd type movies that attempt to have high school as they wish it had been. I also noticed that with the Columbine shooting that everyone in the school came from rich families yet we had two kids who were alienated. It made me wonder if your high school experiences, especially the cult of popularity in high school, may have an effect on how your political views develop.

What seems to happen is that the popular kids develop social skills early. Teachers like them, adults like them. But the price of popularity is that you can not have strong beliefs as that would make you unpopular. Thus these kids grow up to be moderates.

The kids who are the losers, the ones picked on by the popular kids, seem to develop into leftwingers who see themselves as victims. Actually had the president of Purdue's Democrats (student organization) who said that he knew what oppression was because he was picked on during high school.

Those who were loners seem to become libertarians. And the good kids seem to develop into conservatives.

Now do people change? Sometimes. But it does seem like most people never get over high school.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    [/I]
    [/B]Wow. Just wow. "I don't want a gay kid, or a red headed kid, or one that has 11 toes, or blah, blah, blah"...what do you mean by screened out? Aborted? Genetic testing with the parents?? I'm glad my mom and dad, if they would have had the means, didn't "screen" me out of existence. Now if there was a way to screen out a-holes, the world would certainly be a better place.

There was some concern a few years ago that if they could develop a genetic test for homosexual that a majority of potential parents would take the option of aborting over the chance that their kid might be homosexual. After all people do abort over the kid being the wrong sex or having potential problems.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    If homosexuality was proven to be genetic, would a pro life Christian choose to abort if a prenatal test showed their unborn baby was gay?

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    If homosexuality was proven to be genetic, would a pro life Christian choose to abort if a prenatal test showed their unborn baby was gay?

Well, if they knew the child was born to be an "abomination" what would their choices be? Then again they believe that all people are born bearing the sins of the first two people, so there's that, too.

squirrelhntr

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    n.w. indiana
    Well, if they knew the child was born to be an "abomination" what would their choices be? Then again they believe that all people are born bearing the sins of the first two people, so there's that, too.

:yesway: mrjarrell. heres the text. Romans 3:23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. right inherited from Adam.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN

Although you're being sarcastic you raise a valid point. Since we are ALL born with a huge birth defect, who are we to pass the death sentence on another human being for having a lesser defect? And if we were not born with said birth defect, we would not even think of debating whether or not it is licit to murder our own babies.

Once you can justify murdering your own, you can justify anything.

Top Bottom