• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Protest

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2010
    SW Michigan
    While at the 1500, I joined the NRA. I paid cash and purchased a 1 year membership. They gave me a receipt and a hat and some literature.

Now what? Am I supposed to get a membership card in the mail or an email or something?

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I hear people complain about all the junk mail.

My membership must be faulty. I've been a life member for 20+ years. I get occasional mail asking for support, but not very often.

BTW, thank you for joining. We need all the members we can to fight this admistration!

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    It will take about three weeks to get something in the mail. I've not gained any great benefits other than knowing I'm supporting something in which I believe.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    All that, a semi-interesting magazine and the satisfaction of knowing that you are helping somewhat in the effort to fight gun control laws.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    You can expect them to take your money and spend it on any and everything except supporting things like 'assault weapons', NFA items, open carry... basically you just helped keep double barrel shotguns, bolt action rifles and revolvers legal. If you own anything else, you're paying money to have them thrown under the "nra compromise" bus.

Screw the nra.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    i get some junk mail but mostly just mail informing you of what is going on and asking for support.

pretty soon you should get videos that you didn't order that you have to buy or send back

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    NE Indiana
    While at the 1500, I joined the NRA. I paid cash and purchased a 1 year membership. They gave me a receipt and a hat and some literature.

Now what? Am I supposed to get a membership card in the mail or an email or something?
    If you're not interested in having NRA "news" emailed directly to your box, contact NRA and tell them you want off their mailing lists. I did.

I now don't receive all the "money-grams," books, DVDs, etc.

Thumper

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    South Indy
    You can expect them to take your money and spend it on any and everything except supporting things like 'assault weapons', NFA items, open carry... basically you just helped keep double barrel shotguns, bolt action rifles and revolvers legal. If you own anything else, you're paying money to have them thrown under the "nra compromise" bus.

Screw the nra.
    You are dead on.NRA only backs things they make money off of.

Protest

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2010
    SW Michigan
    Don't forget the sticker!
    Got the bumper sticker (forgot to mention) but won't be placing it on my vehicle. I'd just be inviting a break in, or so I'm told.
    If you're not interested in having NRA "news" emailed directly to your box, contact NRA and tell them you want off their mailing lists. I did.

I now don't receive all the "money-grams," books, DVDs, etc.
    I don't mind stuff coming in. I can manage my intake fairly well.

Protest

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2010
    SW Michigan

Screw the nra.
    I did ask for opinions. Thank you. I'll keep my membership for now and if I come to the same conclusions as you, I'll cancel.

Yeti

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    New Haven
    I have been a member for a couple of years now, havent had much issues, but until lately. I got a phone call from them asking for money... they were very persistent and it got very annoying very quick and than i got some dvd in the mail saying it is $13 if I decide to keep it. over the past few years, these only happened this pass week.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    You can expect that drivers tailgating you will sometimes back off unexpectedly, and you will laugh and realize they just recognized that little round sticker in your back window for what it is.

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    I'm a life member. I figured I would do that so I don't have to pay anymore...but they are always asking for money. I do contribute a little now and then.

AuntieBellum

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Rensselaer
    I don't think I bothered to supply them with my phone number, so I don't get any calls. And I tend to screen all my calls anyway, so that's not an issue. I do get a lot of junk mail, but I appreciate the news emails with updates on legislation, etc. I also find the magazines (mine and my husband's) relatively interesting.

Shhhh...don't tell, but my hubby told me that my dad and grandfather went in together to buy me a lifetime membership. :rockwoot:

bigus_D

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Country Side
    I got a pretty sweet knife when I re-upped my membership this year.

(seems like they ask me to re-up my annual membership every two months, I just do it each year)

I also enjoy reading American Rifleman.

Prometheus, what pro-gun lobby do you contribute to? Any success stories?

Top Bottom