Jeffersonville successfully bans weapons in city for 1 day.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Wait, if the city attorney knows for a fact that legal info on signs and statements made by the Mayor, Chief, etc. is wrong and he is not actively correcting them, isnt that some type of professional misconduct/negligence? And if the attorney does his job and the official doesnt retract his statement, take down/remove signs, etc. isnt that too misconduct?

Oh wait, who cares. Its only sheeple. Who cares if they are told they dont have rights when they do... my bad.

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    Wait, if the city attorney knows for a fact that legal info on signs and statements made by the Mayor, Chief, etc. is wrong and he is not actively correcting them, isnt that some type of professional misconduct/negligence? And if the attorney does his job and the official doesnt retract his statement, take down/remove signs, etc. isnt that too misconduct?

Oh wait, who cares. Its only sheeple. Who cares if they are told they dont have rights when they do... my bad.

Didn't someone mention a Facebook page? I know this was all at least on the local news wasn't it?

I wonder if enough of us made a ruckus on the page (pointing out inaccuracies) or to the same local news affiliate if the truth would ever come to (a more broader) light?

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    The officer even mentioning such a fine implies that it can be levied, not merely that once in a galaxy far away it had force of law. To NOT make clear that this is no longer a valid law would act as prior restraint on any lawful gun owner who otherwise would lawfully carry. Which is a violation of the code.

Enough mealy-mouthed semantics from the authorities. They need to quit bluffing about this.

This is what I was thinking.

Djangotarantino

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2014
    Jeffersonville
    Just an FYI. This has NOT been in ANY media and most people don't know about the prohibition of weapons Saturday , unless they have been to the city's very hidden you tube video or webpage on the matter. I started this thread for that very reason... To inform the uninformed. I have contacted every media source known to man. The Louisville courier journal "seems interested " and said they were going to write a story on it. We will see if it actually happens. Aside from that, I have heard nothing back yet. I am 1 voice, if enough people chime in to the media on this, it should produce a story.

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    Just an FYI. This has NOT been in ANY media and most people don't know about the prohibition of weapons Saturday , unless they have been to the city's very hidden you tube video or webpage on the matter. I started this thread for that very reason... To inform the uninformed. I have contacted every media source known to man. The Louisville courier journal "seems interested " and said they were going to write a story on it. We will see if it actually happens. Aside from that, I have heard nothing back yet. I am 1 voice, if enough people chime in to the media on this, it should produce a story.

Good call, the news thing I saw was the local Louisville thing.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    The officer even mentioning such a fine implies that it can be levied, not merely that once in a galaxy far away it had force of law. To NOT make clear that this is no longer a valid law would act as prior restraint on any lawful gun owner who otherwise would lawfully carry. Which is a violation of the code.

Enough mealy-mouthed semantics from the authorities. They need to quit bluffing about this.
    I respectfully agree. If we should be required to research and know exactly which laws on the books are enforceable or not then would it also not be considered proper form for any political subdivision to refrain from disseminating misleading information regarding non-enforceable ordinances as if they were enforceable in an attempt to stifle lawful activities conducted by it's citizenry?

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I respectfully agree. If we should be required to research and know exactly which laws on the books are enforceable or not then would it also not be considered proper form for any political subdivision to refrain from disseminating misleading information regarding non-enforceable ordinances as if they were enforceable in an attempt to stifle lawful activities conducted by it's citizenry?

Yep, I think so. If the police and mayor are publicly telling everyone it is against the law and you don't carry because of that and get mugged by a mob you definitely got damage.

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    Well said Sir...I do know you have at least been to Clarksville in the last ten years....:):

:):......git down'ere once in'a while.....:yesway:

AAAAAaaayy !......stop'd by yer place 1 Sat even'n.....was on'a bike, an' thought.....ehhhh, I'll swing by Falls City....were'nt sure the hrs,:dunno: but......was after 4.....

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Mission Accomplished!!!!!! City backs down and media covers story!!!!!

Thunder firearm ban can't be enforced in Indiana

Lynch said he believes that even critics of the gun ban would want officers to confront anyone who pulls out a gun at the event.
    Pulling out a gun is a little different than carrying a gun, don't you think?

But he also believes armed citizens can pose an equal danger when it comes to bullets flying astray.
    Then I guess the police should be disarmed also. Isn't there a chance they might have a round go astray?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    That clown is acting like it's a forgone conclusion that there will be bloodshed committed by reckless law abiding, legal carrying citizens perpetrated on poor little innocents.

Top Bottom