• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I'm just gonna go ahead and get out the :popcorn:.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUDEl9Rx-H0[/ame]

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    You were in the military. Ever learn this kinda stuff? If so, how does the above video jive with what you were taught?
    Standard infantry movements taught to Marines at SOI (School of Infantry) directly after recruit training.

The only portion I would really contest is where the "two man teams" retreat side by side rather than alternating....

but that could be due to safety concerns considering the demographic of people he trains (civilian)...:dunno:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    It does surprise me that he would post videos related to vehicle ambushes knowing full well what the responses are likely to be.

That surprised me too and I first I actually thought that the video would be about what he lived in Irak.

popsmoke

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2012
    I'm just gonna go ahead and get out the :popcorn:.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUDEl9Rx-H0

Great tutorial.

Or, you could do the much more rational thing and Vehicle 2 would rear-end the disabled lead vehicle, pushing it (and the rest of the convoy) out of the freaking kill zone.

Or you could do it his way... stop in the kill zone, putting all your men in a funnel...
    dismount under hard contact and abandon three fully equipped vehicles, then bound 300 meters to the right of a f***ing ambush and set up camp.

Then radio it up and wait for higher.
    Assuming there is a higher.
    It's unclear who his target demo is for this video. He's using civilian vehicles, yet incorporating military grade stuff. Frags, popping smoke, secure perimeters, CCPs...

And in all this, where is his client? Where is the man all these people are protecting?

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Great tutorial.

Or, you could do the much more rational thing and Vehicle 2 would rear-end the disabled lead vehicle, pushing it (and the rest of the convoy) out of the freaking kill zone.

Or you could do it his way... stop in the kill zone, putting all your men in a funnel, dismount under hard contact and bound 300 meters to the right of a f***ing ambush and set up camp.

Assuming there is a higher. It's unclear who his target demo is for this video. He's using civilian vehicles, yet incorporating military grade stuff. Frags, popping smoke, secure perimeters, CCPs...

And in all this, where is his client? Where is the man all these people are protecting?

Crawl, walk, run my friend. Training/learning is stepping stones. This is a free video. He must assume absolutely NO knowledge on the part of the viewer.

Of course, the context of his experience, his targeted crowd, etc plays a role in what he's teaching here too. Depending on some other circumstances, military SOP would be to engage and assault in this situation, not fall back unless otherwise determined necessary.

adam

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    Noblesville
    That's practically dead on for basic Army tactics. Everything from egress to the bounding overwatch. I'd disagree with the distance moved but for demonstration purposes it worked well.

Of course there are much more advanced techniques and options but that comes with training and time. Plus every ambush is different so being flexible is key.

Top Bottom