• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I'd love to have a littmann to throw in a bag but could spend $200 other places. I agree with Loco though I didn't watch the vid yet, I'm at work.

It's nice to have the stuff but don't think because you have it you can do it.

I have epipens in my bags but that's because my wife and child are prescribed them.

A good litman can be had for around 50 bucsk. It's when you go digital/peds/cardio that they get pricey.

I had a 200 buck one until my dog used it for a chew toy. Now I use whatever I have available and provided. Typical diminished breath sounds, rhonchi, rhales, and apical can be heard with an ear to the chest. Don't need anything too fancy for trauma (or vent patients for that matter :) )

bdybdall

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    Like another thread I saw somewhere, a lot of this stuff would be useless if you don't have ready access to a medical facility. As for stethoscopes, cheap ones are good enough unless you have some advanced medical training. And, Littmans can be found used on Craigslist, I got a Littman Cardio for $40 from a lady who dropped out of nursing school. I also purchased a digital DS32A for $200 online and you can hear ANYTHING with that. I have used it in an ICU but I've never tried it in back of an ambulance. It might be too fragile but the Littman is not.

MTubbs1

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Like another thread I saw somewhere, a lot of this stuff would be useless if you don't have ready access to a medical facility. As for stethoscopes, cheap ones are good enough unless you have some advanced medical training. And, Littmans can be found used on Craigslist, I got a Littman Cardio for $40 from a lady who dropped out of nursing school. I also purchased a digital DS32A for $200 online and you can hear ANYTHING with that. I have used it in an ICU but I've never tried it in back of an ambulance. It might be too fragile but the Littman is not.

You can hear a mouse fart with one of those suckers!

BandageThat!

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Clark County
    I also purchased a digital DS32A for $200 online and you can hear ANYTHING with that. I have used it in an ICU but I've never tried it in back of an ambulance. It might be too fragile but the Littman is not.

All you hear is the truck. I just stick to my trusty Litt Classic II.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2012
    Avon
    I just learned alot about deep wound care...I will be adding a ton of saline to my kit and alot more sterile gauze 4x4 and 2x2s. Arm and hammer saline spray is what the hospital used. I am keeping all my old sheets to be used for medical purposes should shtf.

Top Bottom