• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    RetiredSteve, you are doing a nice job fronting for Yeager.

Last and final: You evidently will not let facts stand in the way of your opinions. My "history" in "shooting" makes no difference whatsoever.

My opinions about Yeager's idiotic rantings and irresponsible behaviors, up to and including his illegal challenging people to duels, is the point.

He can teach all the classes he wants, that's his right. Real operators and legitimate experts regard him as a buffoon, for good reason.

And that's all I have to say about that.

Tell me you are eating cheetos, in fleece pants, in a bean bag chair. That would be the ultimate couch commando. :)

I'm not all the way through, but it seems you are avoiding this on purpose. Why not go to getoffthex and ask James yourself. He is more than reasonable enough to answer you. he might even mention you by name in a video for more PR. Or call you out for supposedly attending that class that Cory and Erika were at. UGH.

now to catch up. I think I'm 5 pages behind...

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    400029_246139085462897_436736928_n.jpg

426081_243950359015103_397606805_n.jpg

426038_243945899015549_879840078_n.jpg

dubsac

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    And to think I've lived these 30yrs without known of this Yeager fella now he is more popular then Hue Hefner, in all honestly Hue is way cooler in my book.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Once again, don't care in the slightest about mistakes that may have or may not have been made if it teaches someone something, and they advance from it.

Yeager has some character, which is why he gets the level of attention he does. Unless you're totally grey, neutral, and monotone, you're going to start pissing people off regardless what you do.

Everyone who knows Yeager in the slightest knows that video was pretty tongue in cheek. And it's that element of character that either makes him likeable or hated.

Hell, I don't even care if it's a course for mall ninjas, if they learn something from it or even just have fun, then that's their business.

As far as anything he does or promotes being reckless or dangerous? I was doing these things long before I ever heard of him. It's common sense, opposite of protectionist garbage. It's the kind of rules that really will make you gain some respect and common sense. Nearly everyone out there claims to know of a "well the gun was unloaded!" accident, what do you think these rules might have done to prevent that situation?

BKExpress

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 24, 2011
    Gaston, IN
    It seems to me that Amsdorf is a bit of a wannabe and is jelous of yeager. I don't have an opinion of yeager one way or the other, just "reading into" the tone of the posts. Just my opinion.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Esrice, weren't you just cautioning people from making personal attacks rather than substantial arguments? I think you just blew it in the last couple words of your post.

You don't find my argument substantial? I've been trying to have a substantial discussion by breaking things down but so far it seems a bit one-sided. I said that hiding behind the "breaking the 4-rules" excuse was disingenuous. How is that a personal attack? I'm not calling you a name or lambasting your character. I simply inferred that your position in this particular argument is disingenuous. I do apologize if my statement came off as personally offensive-- that was not my intent.

Seems you are straining mightily to defend the indefensible, a man was standing next to a target during a live fire exercise.

I'm not trying to defend any person. I'm trying to have a civil debate on topics you brought up. I'm not sure why you keep trying to make this about Yeager himself.

And now rather than responding to the point I'm making you are accusing me of being disingenuous.

I did respond to your point. I went as far as to break down the 4-rules and look at the scenario through that lens.

I can see this conversation is over, and your "curiosity" has been, all along, as I suspected, simply a blind eye being turned to Yeager and his unsafe practices and irresponsible behaviors.

What? I never said the conversation had to be over. In fact I asked you questions in an attempt to keep the conversation going.

Seems you have run out of steam trying to defend Yeager.

Huh? What are you talking about?

And we'll just have to...agree to disagree on this one.

I'm ok with agreeing to disagree. But I'm still not quite clear on what exactly you disagree with.

If Yeager does something or hold an opinion different than my own I have no problem saying so. My post history is pretty clear on where I agree with him and where I do not. But for the life of me I don't understand the labeling of people as 'Yeager fanboys' for simple agreement on a single topic. I agree with a lot of what Travis Haley puts out on videos and I've yet to be labeled a 'Haley lover'. :dunno:

Top Bottom