• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    Did I beat ESRICE to posting? if in wrong place mods can feel free to move.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLc2HFH8Ia8&feature=share&list=UUJimfyIOFM3Yaot_V8bFLPQ[/ame]

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    INGO: This video is private.

YouTube: This video is unavailable.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    While I disagree with Yeager on a few other matters, this particular video rings true to my own sense of necessary firearms.

griffin

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 30, 2011
    Okemos, MI
    I just watched it. Interesting! I am not sure what the hype is with a 308 over a 30-06.

You know that .308 battle rifles are more accurate than .30-06 battle rifles, right? Like twice as accurate?

7.62 NATO is the way to go for accuracy and availability.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    You know that .308 battle rifles are more accurate than .30-06 battle rifles, right? Like twice as accurate?

7.62 NATO is the way to go for accuracy and availability.
    Not sure your statement is correct, I have a Garand that is quite accurate, I also have a US Enfield (Eddystone) in 30-06 and Son has a 1903, all are plenty accurate for a SHTF or hunting situation. Actually more accurate in most cases at Long range with a heavier bullet than a .308 in windy conditions. I also have an LR-308, Winchester lever action .308, both are accurate - probably the LR .308 is the most accurate as it has the 22" stainless floating bull barrel (but it is really too heavy to be a decent hunting rifle. As to ammo, it is not really a concern for me as we stock well over 1K of ammo and the ability to reload at least another 1K in either caliber. I do have to admit .308 is a little cheaper on the commercial market, but all the local shops/malls carry both. I also have various other high power rifles (with ammo) like the Swiss K31, Swedish, German, and Turkish Mausers, Enfields, Russian SVD, Mosins, SKS's AK's, shotguns, and multiple handguns - with a good supply of ammo and reloading supplies for just about all.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    While I disagree with Yeager on a few other matters, this particular video rings true to my own sense of necessary firearms.

I disagree wit JY. 22LR last? That ridiculous. A .22 should be the first. Are we talking about a "disaster," or some sort of armed conflict between competing factions? IMO, during a disaster, the most common problem encountered isn't people killing you, it's not eating. A .22 is more suited to accomplishing that task that just about any other weapon in terms of ease of use, concealing whereabouts, and abundance of ammunition. If I had to bug out, and could only take 2 weapons, one would be for personal defense, and the other mos def a 22LR.

Top Bottom