James Yeager - A Year of Fighting (Tactical Response Training Offer)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    $2,500 for a year's pass to ALL Tactical Response courses, as many times as you want. Limited to 50 passes.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yd7EWlYMhw[/ame]

Interesting. . . .

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    $2,500 for a year's pass to ALL Tactical Response courses, as many times as you want. Limited to 50 passes.

Interesting. . . .

Very.
    Seems odd that they'd have room to accommodate extra students into full classes?:dunno:
    12 spots available in the Team Room?
    Gary Johnson?

Last edited:

ZX-14R

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Haha, sounds like James has a job in the late night infomercial industry all lined up! I wonder if he will be the next sham-wow guy?

If he starts selling the slap-chop, I wonder how many will "love his nuts"?

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    As horribly as he's represented the gun community, and as much controversy as he likes to spark..considering he seems to be trying to do much better from a professional sense..even I would pay for this in a heart beat if I had the cash to spend. Given the number of classes he offers, the nature of and level of training some of them are...you can't go wrong with this offer if it's in your budget.

On a business note; I'm glad to see him experimenting with his cost/market/pricing to see where it takes him...

I bet it fills QUICK due to the value vs associated cost...

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    It'd be great to be a fly on the wall to see if this actually happens. You don't and can't run specials when business is good.
    Sure you can, if you understand your product, market, and effective pricing. Simply slapping a price on a product or service merely because guy A, B, and C do it for that price isn't exactly understanding your market or effective pricing. But, you have to play with pricing on occassion, like this, to understand your market if it's in a less documented industry such as this.

Plus with all the controversy he's sparked and the followers he's gathered from that, I think he won't have a problem selling 50 of these. The question then will be did he price it effectivley near or better than the equilibrium price so that he's not actually LOSING money on those 50.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Sure you can, if you understand your product, market, and effective pricing. Simply slapping a price on a product or service merely because guy A, B, and C do it for that price isn't exactly understanding your market or effective pricing...

I don't think that's it. When classes are full, they are full. When the team room is booked, it is booked. You don't advertise for open spots that aren't available.

I wonder if TR is experiencing a noticeable, possibly recent, lack of business?

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    When classes are full, they are full. When the team room is booked, it is booked.

Warning-- incoming assumptions. . . .

I would guess that this "pass" entitles one to take every class "free", but that one would still need to register their spot the same as everyone else.

So if I had such a pass and I wanted to take Fighting Pistol I'd need to pick a date and register for the class. If the Team Room was already full then I doubt I would get a spot just because I have the pass.

So I bet everything is still "first come, first served".

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    I don't think that's it. When classes are full, they are full. When the team room is booked, it is booked. You don't advertise for open spots that aren't available.

I wonder if TR is experiencing a noticeable, possibly recent, lack of business?
    I don't think that's inherently the reason for doing this. Given the amount of publicity he's received in recent months I doubt he'd be low on interested students. But, that's anybody's guess. Typically, controversy brings income. Otherwise we'd see a lot more rescues in the news than mass shootings. Therefore, I think this is probably an attempt at doing some pricing research of some form.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ...Given the amount of publicity he's received in recent months I doubt he'd be low on interested students. But, that's anybody's guess...

Interested individuals and paying students are way, way different. Lottsa talkers, few doers. That includes those who are positive and negative of the whole TR deal and training overall for that matter.

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    Some of you do not understand how business works.

There could be several reasons why Tactical Response is offering this. Two possibilities you might not have considered are:

1. Raise capital - If there is a need in the short term to raise a large amount of money for a special project or purchase. In effect they would be pulling dollars forward from later in the year.

2. Capture training dollars - If a student was going to take one class from school A and one from school B, with this deal that student is going to take two classes from school A.

I have no special insight to this particular offer or its motive, but I'm pretty sure I understand Tactical Response, the training industry and general business principles fairly well.

As a last point, it's interesting to see how some of the minds here work. It's always negativity. ALWAYS.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Some of you do not understand how business works.

I would venture to say this about Mr. Yeager. The Gary Johnson thing throws all gun owners under the bus. A very, very foolish thing to do if your business relates to guns and those who use them.

Maybe I'm not the only one that feels this way? Maybe there are more who actually pay to train that do? Maybe those who have pulled out of booked TR classes?

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    Maybe I'm not the only one that feels this way? Maybe there are more who actually pay to train that do? Maybe those who have pulled out of booked TR classes?

Have you trained with Tactical Response? Were you going to train with Tactical Response? Did Yeager's political video change the answer to either of those questions?

Yeager did something positive for those students who want to pack a lot of training into a single year. It's a good deal if you take advantage of it.

Again, negative, negative, negative attitudes.

Top Bottom