• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    I will be replacing my Taurus PT111 soon, hopefully with a G27 to match my G22. But I have no experience with IWB carry. What can I expect with a gun the size of a G27? Is it possible to sit comfortably in the car without taking it out? Do most people carry at 6 o'clock? If you have a desk job, do you take it out and put it in the drawer? OK, and lastly (and this might sound like a silly question), if you perspire a lot, do you need to clean your gun more often? It seems like the salt water would be really bad for it.

Ha ha, lots of very important questions. :D

Glock Lover

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    muncie
    I carried my G27 in a "mr. Softy" high noon holster $25 (highnoonholsters.com) at 4 o'clock. You shouldn't have to take it out. It should be comfortable sitting in a car or desk.

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    I don't carry a glock IWB but I do carry a Kimber Tactical Ultra II (just a tad bit bigger than the G27) in a Milt Sparks #1 Heritage IWB at the 3 O'Clock position and find it fine sitting for long periods. Why I like the MS heritage is it is built with 2 layers of leather with a waterproof insert in between them to help keep the sweat of the gun. That said I always wipe the gun down with a Hoppes synthetic oil polishing cloth before I put it in the safe to keep the finish coated and I enjoy cleaning my guns so I field strip and clean often anyways (little stress reliever for me). Hope this helps.

gotink42

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2008
    Valparaiso IN
    I carry my 27 IWB no holster. On my hip. I have a bunch of holsters. I spent alot of money and nothing is as comfortable I can carry like this all day. I think it's because the glock is smooth. I would try it before you throw money away on expensive rigs you will not use.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Have you looked at the Comp-Tac MTAC Minotaur holster? It's an awesome IWB holster that should fit your G27 nicely. One other suggestion I can make which will help a lot is to buy pants one size larger than you normally wear.

schwaky18

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Lizton, IN (Hendricks County)
    I carry my G27 in a Minotaur holster at 4 o'clock. I forget it is even there, this is the best holster for the money imo. I Leave it where it is at when I am sitting at my desk. No, you don't need to clean it its a glock. Just clean once a month.

schwaky18

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Lizton, IN (Hendricks County)
    I carry my 27 IWB no holster. On my hip. I have a bunch of holsters. I spent alot of money and nothing is as comfortable I can carry like this all day. I think it's because the glock is smooth. I would try it before you throw money away on expensive rigs you will not use.

This didn't work to well for Plaxico and his glock.

In my opinion you should always have something covering the trigger when you carry.

rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield
    This is gonna start a whole 'nother discussion, most likely, but I carry my 27 with a ClipDraw IWB about 4 o'clock. Without a round in the chamber, of course. Some people are against that practice, but it works good for me and I have prevailed in every gunfight I've been involved in so far.

xd45in

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Knox County
    I carry an XD9sc daily (same size as G26 or 27) in a Crossbreed supertuck at 3:30 - 4:00. I can drive or sit at my desk all day with no problems.:yesway:

Top Bottom