• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    Does everyone here understand where we are at in America today? It's not that we're on the cusp of downfall, we're already there folks. America is a shadow of who she used to be. The government is a gigantic, bloated mess. And you know who's to blame? We are. Ronald Reagan said: "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in America when men were free." You know what the saddest day in America was? When parents stopped teaching their children about our history. They stopped talking about the men who spilled their blood for freedom. They stopped teaching personal responsibility and personal accountability. It's on you parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles. It is NOT the responsibility of public education to teach your children. I am 28 years old, I will be 29 in December. I have three children: 5, 3, and almost 4 weeks. I will be the one to teach them about our forefathers. I will be the one to show them personal responsibility. I will be the one to be an example of honesty, integrity, and hard work. I wasn't alive for the Revolutionary War, or the Civil War, or WWI, WWII, Korea, Vietnam, but I was taught about them. And I WILL NOT fail to pass on the torch. Don't get me wrong, I love sports. I love my hobbies. But life is too short to miss opportunities to train the next generation. It's time Hoosiers. It's time to take this life serous. You think America's on the path to success? I got bad news for you brothers and sisters. If we don't take hold of the reigns like adults, no one will. This isn't a hate filled rant, and I know some of you men and women in here already do this. For those of who spend so much time screaming about how awful it is, do something about it. No other country is going to do it for us. Our rights are inalienable. Nobody can silence your speech. Nobody can tell you that you can't protect yourself. Don't ever ever forget why we came to this rock.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Does everyone here understand where we are at in America today? It's not that we're on the cusp of downfall, we're already there folks. America is a shadow of who she used to be. The government is a gigantic, bloated mess. And you know who's to blame? We are. Ronald Reagan said: "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same, or one day we will spend our sunset years telling our children and our children's children what it was once like in America when men were free." You know what the saddest day in America was? When parents stopped teaching their children about our history. They stopped talking about the men who spilled their blood for freedom. They stopped teaching personal responsibility and personal accountability. It's on you parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles. It is NOT the responsibility of public education to teach your children. I am 28 years old, I will be 29 in December. I have three children: 5, 3, and almost 4 weeks. I will be the one to teach them about our forefathers. I will be the one to show them personal responsibility. I will be the one to be an example of honesty, integrity, and hard work. I wasn't alive for the Revolutionary War, or the Civil War, or WWI, WWII, Korea, Vietnam, but I was taught about them. And I WILL NOT fail to pass on the torch. Don't get me wrong, I love sports. I love my hobbies. But life is too short to miss opportunities to train the next generation. It's time Hoosiers. It's time to take this life serous. You think America's on the path to success? I got bad news for you brothers and sisters. If we don't take hold of the reigns like adults, no one will. This isn't a hate filled rant, and I know some of you men and women in here already do this. For those of who spend so much time screaming about how awful it is, do something about it. No other country is going to do it for us. Our rights are inalienable. Nobody can silence your speech. Nobody can tell you that you can't protect yourself. Don't ever ever forget why we came to this rock.

At some point, many parents stopped teaching their children anything, and decided to let the media and the streets raise them.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    The problem is, people think they _have_ freedom. They don't see what the issue is?

Convenience = Freedom, to many people. And Life is very, very darn convenient in these here States.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    The problem is, people think they _have_ freedom. They don't see what the issue is?

Convenience = Freedom, to many people. And Life is very, very darn convenient in these here States.

I think the "bad guys" (corporations and politicians) figured out it's easier to take your money than worry about what you do on a day-to-day basis. Everything has been commoditized, everything. The more radical the thing you'd like to do, the better, because then you are more focused on that, both from a time-sink and financial perspective, than what is it costing you to focus on it. Youth sports, gadgets, "home improvement"...you don't want, or more importantly, your kid, to be a loser, do you?

Last edited:

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I think the "bad guys" (corporations and politicians) figured out it's easier to take your money than worry about what you do on a day-to-day basis. Everything has been commoditized, everything.

You're out of your mind if you don't hink corporations or politicians care about what you do on a daily basis. That's all corporations care about. They track your activity to the point where they can influence and predict your behavior to the point of finding a way to advertise a product to people at the exact time they need it.

Govt just stores all the info until they need it. But within our lifetime there will be algorithms to mine big data and monitor and predict societal trends and such.

The technology revolution is going to make the industrial revolution look like a *****, and we're just on the cusp of it.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I've made child watch History Channel and just about every historical documentary. Now he wants to learn history.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

th

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I've made child watch History Channel and just about every historical documentary. Now he wants to learn history.

Andy you know what's on History now? Hour after hour of reality TV. On one hand it's sad. On the other it makes me not regret dumping cable tv.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Andy you know what's on History now? Hour after hour of reality TV. On one hand it's sad. On the other it makes me not regret dumping cable tv.

The reality tv crap doens't do much for me either. I am sooooo tired of the Ancient Alien's stuff as well as 90% of the rest of the crap.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

The reality tv crap doens't do much for me either. I am sooooo tired of the Ancient Alien's stuff as well as 90% of the rest of the crap.

We do like watching some of them... American Pickers, Pawn Stars, Swamp People and Mountain Men. Those are the kinds of reality tv I enjoy. Have never had any desire to watch the likes of Survivor, Big Brother, The Bachelor, etc..

What I would like to see would be something like American Pickers, only with old guns (like milsurp stuff).

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I really like Mountain Men. American pickers is cool. And you are right, a one about antique weapons would be cool!

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    You're out of your mind if you don't hink corporations or politicians care about what you do on a daily basis. That's all corporations care about. They track your activity to the point where they can influence and predict your behavior to the point of finding a way to advertise a product to people at the exact time they need it..

Well, I am out of my mind, but that is for another thread...

What I meant to say was, they don't care at a macro level. I don't mean the marketing team of college girls and beta males every company has, I mean the high rollers...the guys who run Pepsico, Nestle, Comcast, etc. They don't care if we personally choose to be straight, gay, in-between, fishermen, skate boarders, knitters, cyclists, gardeners, as long as they can commoditize products and sell them to us. Certainly there are market segments that are more lucrative than others, but as long as their beaks are getting wet, their baseline reads "contented".

Trust me, I work for a very large corporation that targets, markets, remarkets and tracts its customers. I'm the fifth column. :laugh:

Top Bottom