It's official..Wife says husband is a pain in the rear!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I didn't know where to post this little tidbit but here it will go...I bet his BBQ gun was a Glock (not that there is anything wrong with that). Not much information in the article but you CSI guys tell me how you think this may have happened....:popcorn:

DA: Officer shot wife while showing gun to friends

I just googled and as most departments in the country issue Glocks it was no surprise it was a Glock. The way I see it the Glock is the safest weapon in the world if you follow some basic rules and it appears this guy had broken at least two. Maybe more.

Last edited:

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I'll go out on a limb here and say that he broke multiple gun handling rules while coonfingering his pistola. :n00b:

jve153

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    bargersville, in
    four rules
    1. gun is always loaded: yep, it was
    2. never point the gun at something you do not want to destroy: well, he must really hate his wife
    3. keep finger off trigger until sights are on target: again, must hate his wife
    4. always be aware of your backstop and what is beyond it: no matter how mad she makes you, your wife is not a viable backstop.

"Marsico said he believes the shooting was an accident but charges could be filed if an investigation determines Owens acted recklessly."

I would say that coonfingering a loaded firearm is definately reckless behavior.

Last edited:

handgun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2012
    Central part of This state
    four rules
    1. gun is always loaded: yep, it was
    2. never point the gun at something you do not want to destroy: well, he must really hate his wife
    3. keep finger off trigger until sights are on target: again, must hate his wife
    4. always be aware of your backstop and what is beyond it: no matter how mad she makes you, your wife is not a viable backstop.

"Marsico said he believes the shooting was an accident but charges could be filed if an investigation determines Owens acted recklessly."

I would say that coonfingering a loaded firearm is definately reckless behavior.
    I dont have a wife.. but if i ever find a woman that is foolish enough to marry me...i mean if i am foolish enough. i will gladly remember this gun safety..

NIFT

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Another in a long line of "Show and Tell" catastrophic negligent discharges.

The DA said it appeared to be an accident but charges could be filed if it were determined Officer Anonymous acted recklessly. Let's see...goofing around with his Glock at a BBQ and cranks one into his wife's, ahem, buttocks. Somebody please tell me how that is not reckless.

Don't play "Show and Tell." It is not cool. It is both stupid and dangerous.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Maybe his wife complained about under penetration and he thought 'If she wants more penetration, that's what she'll get'.

I'm guessing he was showing off his new badge and gun to friends.

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    racoon.jpg

Thou Shalt Not!

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    I'll go out on a limb here and say that he broke multiple gun handling rules while coonfingering his pistola. :n00b:

What is the origins of "coonfingering"? Brisk and apparently haphazard movement of the fingers like a Raccoon handling something?

Top Bottom