• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    I cut back on feeding my cats over the last two weeks.......

Didn't slow them down any. They are fatter! They bring me mice, chipmonks, frogs and a snake for offerings. They get to keep them.

I just have to watch what I step on.........

My wife says I just motovated them to get back to nature.

Aggar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Kirklin
    Haha my dog is that way. He brings me mice and birds. I've seen him catch a mouse and play with it and then leave it at the back door.

jim b

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    When i walked out the door this morning to go to work, my dog came running up to me carring a possum in his mouth. I told him to drop it and it was still alive. He's a retriever and i haven't had a chance to take him hunting this year. Maybe he's trying to tell me something?

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    my 10 week old GSD just realized today that squirells are fun to chase, until they get up the tree and start throwing things at her, lol.

My cats are in door, so if I tried to cut back their free feeding they would probly tie me up in my sleep.

Last edited:

Woodsman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New albany
    my 10 week old GSD just realized today that squirells are fun to chase, until they get up the tree and start throwing things at her, lol.

My cats are in door, so if I tried to cut back their free feeding they would probly tie me up in my sleep.

Nahh, the cats will just do something that irks you more. They know how to get your attention and make a lasting impression, if they really want to. I bet your pup wondered WTH those squirrels were doing. She probably thought that was pretty rude.:D

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    My cat just plays with them. I have to kill them after she corners them. :xmad:
    The dogs take them to the front yard and play with them there.

kadetklapp

shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    West-Central Indiana
    If I didn't feed my four indoor kitties I'd probably wake up with my feet gnawed off. Especially true for my 23 pound Maine Coon, Harley, who thinks hes starving if he can see the bottom of his pan.

In all actuality, and it sounds silly, but I'd actually let them "have teh hungarrr nom nom nom" if I thought they would actually catch something (sort of like prepping for kitties), but the house I bought evidently is impervious to any rodentia or pestilence other than really huge and hairy spiders...

Ed p.

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 23, 2010
    Greenfield
    Thanks for the good idea.I live out in the country and the field mice are already starting to move in for the winter.Will tell the wife and kids to not feed the cat as much and see if that triggers her hunting instincts.The last cat we had just liked to play with them till they died but wouldnt eat them.LOL but she was a great mouser,not to sure about this new cat will have to see if this works.

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    If my wife was wearing more clothes, I would have taken a picture of the chipmunk, dead next to her while sleeping. My main cat brought it to her as an offering. Two feet from her head on the bed.

Thankfully she didn't see it!

Aggar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 7, 2010
    Kirklin
    If my wife was wearing more clothes, I would have taken a picture of the chipmunk, dead next to her while sleeping. My main cat brought it to her as an offering. Two feet from her head on the bed.

Thankfully she didn't see it!

If she did you would've either had to have changed the bed sheets or had a funeral for her after a heart attack.

woundedyak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2009
    SouthSide
    In the last month my cat has been on a killing spree. I think he's doing it for the sport! Mice, moles, rabbit's and bluegill. Everyday when I get home there is a stack of body's at the back door!

Top Bottom