• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    This year I caught a cold, stubbed my toe and my fish died. You Win! :)

Congrats with all. You can start Breathing now.

Last edited:

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    No open carry in Tejas... :nuts:

You guys should get that fixed while you're there. ;)

Best wishes for a smooth transition. :)

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Good for you guys! Or should I say you all!? What part of Texas?
    There's three of us. It's "all y'all." y'all is singular. all y'all is plural. :): Austin. I lived there in a previous life. I've been begging to move back since I got back to Indy.

No open carry in Tejas... :nuts:

You guys should get that fixed while you're there. ;)
    I'm on it, boss! :D

Whats BSD?
    BSD is an operating system.
    Snazzy website #1: www.bsd.org
    More specifically, Lars is in to FreeBSD: http://www.freebsd.org/

Chefcook

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Raccoon City
    Whats BSD?....... oh yes congrat's on the new job!!,and baby!

BSD is open source software like Linux, or redhat Linux, Unix, Fedora, Ubuntu ect. I am just finishing up an advanced Linux class now, while the programs are cool and work well I find it to be a pain in the butt to learn having only a Microsoft background.

Digital_photog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2010
    Syracuse, IN
    Sorry to see you leave us. Was hoping that the bike ride would work out.
    But still glad that Lars could get a job in an area where you would like to live. I may working/vacationing in the Harlingen area part of the winter. (I'm not totally stupid. I planned this job for the winter instead of summer. I can't tolerate extremely hot weather.)
    Maybe we will be able to contact you on ham radio.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    Congrats and good luck witht he move!

Glad you're doing research on the laws where yiou are moving. I know I had to do a LOT before moving to MA.

Oddly MA is WAY better than CA, NJ, or IL. No declarations/declarations on arrival. And although there's an "AWB" in the state you can get a license that exempts you from parts of it. (I.e you can bring in pre-ban items and hi-cap mags; just no new sales in the state) Hi cap w/less than 3 EBR features not considered AW's.( IWO I could have brought in a nutured GP1979 )

Good luck in TX. Although I'm suprised by the CC only. Heck I can travel 15 miles north and constitutional carry OC. :draw:
    CC in NH will cost me $50

GOOD LUCK to both of you!
    And as others have said the internet still gets to INGO from other parts of the country.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Pami,

Welcome (I guess it is really welcome back) to Texas.

I am a transplanted Hoosier, came to Texas after 20 years via the USAF. Texas was the first place I had been stationed that "felt like home." You may already know that since you were in Austin previously.

The best place to ask questions and get up to speed on Texas Concealed Handgun Licenses and related gun and knife laws is http://www.texaschlforum.com/
    No more waiting period like there used to be, just get thee to a class and away you go. Until then, Texas recognizes Indiana handgun permits.

There is a lot of good training available in Texas, check out the Central Texas Combatives Training Group on Facebook and contact the owner, Steve. Empty hand, guns, knives, Force-on-force, etc. Pretty much every Saturday I go to Austin to a training group that largely focuses on knife and empty hand defenses, which is really rather good.

In any case, welcome to the Lone Star State.

Alamo

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    Lars / Pami, my folks lived in Austin for a few years before dad retired. Whole lotta hot in the high summer, but I think Lars could dig the extra bicycling time in the winter. Have you guys checked into pet-friendly appts there so you can take George with ya? Particularly since you've got a few months lead time before you head down to join Lars.

One thing to think of, from my perspective of having driven there with an infant and a 3yr old...Little Rock, AR is half way, and the 2nd half is the boring half. Take your time, stop when you need, don't push to hard, it's a damn long way to the middle of TX from the middle of IN.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Lars / Pami, my folks lived in Austin for a few years before dad retired. Whole lotta hot in the high summer, but I think Lars could dig the extra bicycling time in the winter. Have you guys checked into pet-friendly appts there so you can take George with ya? Particularly since you've got a few months lead time before you head down to join Lars.

One thing to think of, from my perspective of having driven there with an infant and a 3yr old...Little Rock, AR is half way, and the 2nd half is the boring half. Take your time, stop when you need, don't push to hard, it's a damn long way to the middle of TX from the middle of IN.
    We also have a cat, and me + kitty + kira + george in a car by myself for 18 hours doesn't sound doable. The cat has survived the trip twice already.

Plus, a vet visit today for George this morning has left me crying all day. Not sure he'll recover from this one. :(

And yeah, three of the four times I've made that drive, we stopped in Joplin, MO. The only time we didn't was because my court date (divorce) got moved up a day on short notice, and we had to drive straight through.:n00b:

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN

I second little rock, we always stop there coming and going to Texas...the holiday in with an indoor pool in the middle of all the rooms.

Side note, I've been told Texas would be first to leave the union in the event SHTF...

Top Bottom