• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    I know, I know, I don't have a pic. But has anyone here ever seen one of these beasts? My brother and I came across one a while back so he just had to have it. It isn't the Police it is the full barreled goose getter.

For those who don't know it is the first semi-auto 10ga shotgun, in his configuration it weighs in at 11.75 lbs! That is unloaded. It shoots the 3.5" shells with 1 in the pipe and 2 in the mag. ( The massive recoil system took up the rest of the magazine. )

It isn't what I would call 'common' so I thought I would just put out a feeler for those with experience with the thing. Thanks in advance.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    One of my mom's cousins who hunted waterfowl at grandpa's house had a Remmy SP-10, which Remington made under a license from Ithaca.

He was a great big man so a giant, 12lb shotgun looked normal on him.

He'd always get made fun of though because my grandpa always came home with more birds, shooting a 20ga 870 Wingmaster.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I use the SP-10 for turkey hunting, it's pretty much a solid hit on anything you can see in the woods.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Do wonder with the 3 shot limit, if it wasnt a scaled up Model 51 of sorts.
    Some of the reg Mag 10 goose models had darn nice wood. But the gun itself was kinda ugly.

The Rem SP10 was better looking IMHO

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I remember when The Roadblocker was introduced, wasn't a big seller to LE, and it faded away.

The Ithaca Roadblocker came out around the same time women police officers were being put out on in the field....Elmer Keith opined that is the reason the 41 magnum didn't take off...San Francisco was to adopt the 41 magnum at the same time they were allowing women police officers on the street in San Francisco....as illustrated in this clip with Clint Eastwood....

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    The Ithaca Roadblocker came out around the same time women police officers were being put out on in the field....Elmer Keith opined that is the reason the 41 magnum didn't take off...San Francisco was to adopt the 41 magnum at the same time they were allowing women police officers on the street in San Francisco....as illustrated in this clip with Clint Eastwood....

I wonder if this is what the DEI inspired hiring process at the USSS looked like.;)

Top Bottom