• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Houdinih

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    In a Van Down By The River
    After waiting 3 months and being denied by the county sheriff, my license to carry finally arrived:rockwoot:!!! So this morning I got my XD gear Holster out and afixed it to my belt and set out to began a wonderful day of OCing every where I went:D:D it was a wonderful day!:draw: Now I have the dilema of deciding on whether or not to order a supertuck or figure out a better IWB holster, before getting addicted to OCing.

anewrnn

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Crown Point
    Congrats!!!

Nice to have the right to carry. I oc all the time. I think people just have to get used to seeing more responsible people doing it. And when you get questioned dont be pissy. I always treat it like its an everyday thing (which it is). Alot of the sheeple dont even know you can OC.:rockwoot:

a.bentonab

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    Evansville
    Congrats! I will add that I was also denied by my county (Vanderburgh) sheriff. They never told me either. I had to call them before they told me, oh yeah you got denied because of x conviction. FALSE! apparently there is another a.bentonab somewhere with some street cred. Everyone else in the world uses a SSN# for a background check, but not the police? Seriously? It's right there on the form, multiple times IIRC!!

May I ask how your "denial" went down?

Houdinih

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    In a Van Down By The River
    I don't understand how they can misidentify someone when they have every possible piece of info about you( fingerprints, ssn, etc.). It's really irretating. Especially knowing how important the LTCH is to someone with a handgun. You would think the higher ups would do a better job of IDing people.

civilwar

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 23, 2008
    Scipio
    Congrats on getting your LTCH. OCing on the first day of getting it, thats one way of getting over the carry jitters.:)

I am still waiting on mine anxiously, mailed it off early Feb.

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I don't understand how they can misidentify someone when they have every possible piece of info about you( fingerprints, ssn, etc.). It's really irretating. Especially knowing how important the LTCH is to someone with a handgun. You would think the higher ups would do a better job of IDing people.

Also consider the inverse possibility. What if the other a.bentonab (the one with the record) had applied for a LTCH & was misidentified as our a.bentonab & was passed on through the process?...

Aren't unconstitutional bureaucracies wonderful?
    :rolleyes:

XDinmyXJ

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    Columbus, IN
    After waiting 3 months and being denied by the county sheriff, my license to carry finally arrived:rockwoot:!!! So this morning I got my XD gear Holster out and afixed it to my belt and set out to began a wonderful day of OCing every where I went:D:D it was a wonderful day!:draw: Now I have the dilema of deciding on whether or not to order a supertuck or figure out a better IWB holster, before getting addicted to OCing.

Not to bag on the super tuck but I have a kholster for my XD and It is very comfortable. They run a little cheaper than the super tuck.

Top Bottom