Victimized
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    YouTube - Hot Israeli Army Girls IDF

Oh. Wait.

1. GodlovesIsrealandifyoudontlikeitGTFO.
    2. Iamthetheomnipotentsmoking357andyoumustaquiescetomyopinion.
    3. IdontcareaboutreligionbutIsrealisasovreigncountrythatshouldprotec****interests.

Forgot the subject of the thread. . .:rolleyes:

ETA: Ha! You can't run "protect it's interests" together without the swear filter catching it. . .

Last edited:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Seriously, what other country have you ever heard of winning land as spoils of war and then giving the land back to appease their (not so) former enemies?

The United States:D

I will support what Israel does to protect their country as long as it is not hurting America in the process.

"We have gone forth from our shores repeatedly over the last hundred years and we've done this as recently as the last year in Afghanistan and put wonderful young men and women at risk, many of whom have lost their lives, and we have asked for nothing except enough ground to bury them in, and otherwise we have returned home to seek our own, you know, to seek our own lives in peace, to live our own lives in peace."

--Former Secretary of State Colin Powell, to the former Archbishop of Canterbury
    (source:Colin Powell Quote on 'Empire Building' - Netlore Archive)

smoking357

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Mindin' My Own Business
    Feel free to GTFO if you don't like the people on this forum.

Here's a better idea: drop the savagery and hate and make gun owners appear more intelligent and refined to the world beyond these pages.

Gun owners already have everyone like you. If gun owners hope to survive in changing demographics, they'll need to come over to my side of the table. White males are already a minority. In 25 years, maybe sooner, Whites will be a minority.

See earlier post asking just how many gun owners there are. Stop being selfish and admit that gun owners need to change their attitudes in order to survive in tomorrow's America.

Be the type of gun owner that Bill Maher, Jon Stewart, Stephen Colbert, etc. wouldn't mind having as a neighbor.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Damn. Where do I sign up to be Jewish and move to Israel?

YouTube - Hot Israeli Army Girls IDF

Oh. Wait.

1. GodlovesIsrealandifyoudontlikeitGTFO.
    2. Iamthetheomnipotentsmoking357andyoumustaquiescetomyopinion.
    3. IdontcareaboutreligionbutIsrealisasovreigncountrythatshouldprotec****interests.

Forgot the subject of the thread. . .:rolleyes:

ETA: Ha! You can't run "protect it's interests" together without the swear filter catching it. . .

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Here's a better idea: drop the savagery and hate and make gun owners appear more intelligent and refined to the world beyond these pages.

Gun owners already have everyone like you. If gun owners hope to survive in changing demographics, they'll need to come over to my side of the table. White males are already a minority. In 25 years, maybe sooner, Whites will be a minority.

What does this have to do with Israel and the Arabs? How do you know everybody's color and gender?

See earlier post asking just how many gun owners there are. Stop being selfish and admit that gun owners need to change their attitudes in order to survive in tomorrow's America.

Be the type of gun owner that Bill Maher, Jon Stewart, Stephen Colbert, etc. wouldn't mind having as a neighbor.

You've taken a lot of heat in this thread and I won't jump on that bandwagon, but why should I care about what three comedians think. Bill Maher is nothing more than just another liberal Hollywood blowhard.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008

I am not interested in your bait, but let me point out that Hamas and Turkey have their own human rights issues that you have not spoken one iota about. Turkey cannot even admit their genocidal history, and Hamas.... well the blood on their hands is even more recent.

It is funny that people here often fail in that they want to speak on behalf of the gun owning community, and here you are wanting to speak on behalf of the entire world. I would remind you of Joe Williams, a member here, who is known to tell people that they only speak on behalf of one person - themselves.

If you wish to convince us of something more that we should seek to be, or have interest in, then perhaps you can present it in terms we would be interested in - love, fun, happiness, fairness, honesty, and not in terms of things we are not interested in - vitriol, fear, anger and disrespect.

If you actually have a goal, like the one you have stated, then you are taking the wrong approach. You have not engaged in dialogue, but spewage. You claim to have a goal of reaching out, but instead it is apparrent that you want only to confirm some deeply held dislike you have for the "unenlightened" gun owner. Your tact seems to bring you directly to the end point of your disgust and allows you to blame others for ending up there.

My training and background is among the Quakers. (Seriously). There is no community that has better mastered dialogue and conflict resolution of the type you hold a banner claiming to want. But the key you miss, intentionally or not, is a lack of respect in "the other" and a desire to come to a point that is different than where you began.

Show some respect, try to understand, drop your disgust, and perhaps you will gain some movement to your goal.

That is, if it really is your goal.

smoking357

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Mindin' My Own Business
    You've taken a lot of heat in this thread and I won't jump on that bandwagon,

Smart move. I shot that bandwagon all to hell.

but why should I care about what three comedians think. Bill Maher is nothing more than just another liberal Hollywood blowhard.

Come on. Gun owners are going to have to face reality on how their temperament and attitude is out-of-step with a civilized world.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Smart move. I shot that bandwagon all to hell.
    Come on. Gun owners are going to have to face reality on how their temperament and attitude is out-of-step with a civilized world.

Really? Ummm.... They are some of the best people I have met. Just as kind and nice as any other group.

Do they get hot and type loony? Sure! Been on DailyKos or Huffington Post comments lately? Yeah. Gun owners have no special claim to flaming and crazy talk.

Gun owners out of step with civilized world? Wow, guess we should have just not saved that half of that civilized world from the other half of that civilized world in WWII.

Guess we are our of step with China, Lebanon, Most of the Middle East and much of Africa when it comes to "Civilized" treatment of human beings?

Personally, I am happy to live in this country of gun owners. I prefer it far more than living anywhere else.

I grew up with a mother who was a political refugee officer for a religious organization. Indiana is filled with people that she personally saved from death in other "civilized" countries. I grew up hearing stories from people who gave everything, including the death of family members in the attempt to be in this country. Everything.

So, yeah, I am proud of this nation and the safe harbor of freedom that it is to people from all over the world who are escaping those many "civilized nations". And, you know, one that comes to mind is the man whose entire family was raped, beaten, and then hacked to death by men with machetes in Rawanda. He was let for dead and crawled through the bush until he was found by someone who could help get him out and to our country.

He has no illusions about "civilization" and about the difference between it and the "gun owners" in America as well as what "effective self protection" means.

Neither do I.

Last edited:

Tryin'

Victimized
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Hamilton County

That's odd. Really. I was shopping the other day and. . . No, nevermind. I am sure you could poke holes in that story, too.

I will say that the only people I have ever been accused of "being out of step with" could not substantiate their statements nor were they persons with which I would care to associate.

You don't know me. Or 99.9% of other forum members. How you can determine our temperament and attitude is beyond my cro-magnon mind.

The following statements apply to you, personally.

If you don't like our attitudes and cave-man, survivalist ways; leave.

Get the **** out.

You are not winning support for your "cause", you are alienating the people you desire to help. But with you alienation, you are also unifying. Like Obama, you are bringing people together with one common theme: disagreement with your ideology. There are many forums that would agree with your outrageous claims about conservatives, Christians, gun-owners, and Jews. Join them. Band together with people sharing your ideology. Start a movement that takes the world by storm. Run for office, start a parade, circulate petitions, and post polls. Don't expect support from this group. We are proud. We are opinionated. We are informed. And. We. Are. Not. Apologetic. Minority? Hell, who cares. So are Constitutionalists, Libertarians, and Conservatives.

My only regret is the Ignore feature of this forum displays a message that is nearly as irritating as ninety percent of your posts. But then again, I do enjoy the occasional flame post.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN

Blah. Blah. Blah. You're the one who doesn't like anybody here, and 95% of INGO doesn't like YOU, either. Why do you stick around?

Bill Maher? Jon Stewart? Stephen Colbert? Three liberal dumbasses who don't like gun owners anyway.

Here's some interesting info for you. America is the most heavily armed country in the history of the world. I read recently that a full HALF of the firearms manufactured worldwide are sold to Americans. Most of those guns are in the hands of the right wing. You know, the people you constantly insult, berate, and belittle. I want you to keep that in mind as you continue insulting us, berating us, belittling us, increasing our taxes, and eventually forcing us out of our homes when we can no longer afford to pay our new and improved "fair share." You keep backing us into a corner, and eventually we're going to come out shooting.

And before you say you lefties are armed too... I've been going to ranges for nearly 30 years. You know who I see there? Right wing people. Out of my hundreds of trips to ranges over the years, I have NEVER ONCE encountered anyone further left than "moderate." Having guns is pointless if you've not trained and practiced with them, and you're facing people who have trained and practiced with their weapons diligently.

<--------------------------- DU is that way. I suggest you go there, and stop cluttering up INGO with your BS.

Last edited:

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    If you wish to convince us of something...

If you actually have a goal, like the one you have stated, then you are taking the wrong approach...

...That is, if it really is your goal.

I question the goal, myself.

I cannot reconcile the educated manner of that which is typed with the overwhelming futility and lack of progress toward any stated goal.

Hard to believe that the same person wouldn't realize their method was obviously flawed and change strategies or at least give up :dunno:

...unless what they are getting from this is actually achieving some higher personal goal which hasn't been stated.

Curious, but in a somewhat apathetic sense.

meh.:cool:

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I question the goal, myself.

I cannot reconcile the educated manner of that which is typed with the overwhelming futility and lack of progress toward any stated goal.

Hard to believe that the same person wouldn't realize their method was obviously flawed and change strategies or at least give up :dunno:

...unless what they are getting from this is actually achieving some higher personal goal which hasn't been stated.

Curious, but in a somewhat apathetic sense.

meh.:cool:

I think I might have the answer......

Before coming onto INGO and causing chaos.
    hotdogdown.jpg

After coming onto INGO and causing chaos.
    hotdogupupaway.jpg

:dunno:

:laugh:

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    And before you say you lefties are armed too... I've been going to ranges for nearly 30 years. You know who I see there? Right wing people. Out of my hundreds of trips to ranges over the years, I have NEVER ONCE encountered anyone further left than "moderate." Having guns is pointless if you've not trained and practiced with them, and you're facing people who have trained and practiced with their weapons diligently.

<--------------------------- DU is that way. I suggest you go there, and stop cluttering up INGO with your BS.

Here's the funny thing. I find that armed and experienced gun owners are generally more polite no matter the political stripe.

I am happy to train liberals, conservatives, libertarians, leo's, professors, gays, reporters, new Americans, kids, boys & girls scouts, grannies, whomever.

Why?

Because I am convinced that on the whole gun ownership, training, and history bring people to a place of better responsibility and concern for their country. In the end our salvation is each other and any "soft war" will be won with soccer moms more than who has more guns between gun nuts and anarchists.

We must take the message outside of the ammo forts, that is for sure.

At the same time, we must take an actual message, not just polling results that will make the "rest of the world" happy.

My arrogance is occasionally thinking that I speak for the entire shooting community (which is untrue). Smoking357's arrogance is in thinking he speaks for the other 99% of the entire world.

That is many orders of magnitude difference.

Last edited:

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Here's the funny thing. I find that armed and experienced gun owners are generally more polite no matter the political stripe.

I am happy to train liberals, conservatives, libertarians, leo's, professors, gays, reporters, new Americans, kids, boys & girls scouts, grannies, whomever.

Why?

Because I am convinced that on the whole gun ownership, training, and history bring people to a place of better responsibility and concern for their country. In the end our salvation is each other and any "soft war" will be won with soccer moms more than who has more guns between gun nuts and anarchists.

We must take the message outside of the ammo forts, that is for sure.

At the same time, we must take an actual message, not just polling results that will make the "rest of the world" happy.

My arrogance is occasionally thinking that I speak for the entire shooting community (which is untrue). Smoking357's arrogance is in thinking he speaks for the other 99% of the entire world.

That is many orders of magnitude difference.

I tend to agree. I try to be polite most of the time. But I am getting sick of people like Smoking357, who insult me, my country, and my friends, and put those who wish us harm on a pedestal. Especially when they pretend to be one of us.

I've been banging my head into the wall of liberal stupidity for over 25 years now, trying to take our message out past the ammo forts, and it's starting to give me quite the headache. I'm always happy to see someone come over to the real world from the land of lollipops and rainbows, but I'm no longer hoping to "win their hearts and minds." That strategy has gotten us nowhere but trod upon by the massed idiocy I see every day, in all walks of life, who have been conditioned by their schools and their media to despise those of us who think and act for ourselves. By and large, the more I tried to convince people, the more stubbornly they stayed set in their ways. I finally realized there is NO "winning their hearts and minds." It is solely up to them to see the light.

If someone comes to me and asks me to teach them about guns, shooting and self defense, then I'm more than happy to oblige and help them on their journey to our side. But they have to make that crucial first step on their own.

MY arrogance is that, in my heart, I know, or at least believe, without a shadow of a doubt that I'm right.

Last edited:

model67a

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    jasper
    stirring the pot

Come on. You all know there are people who's primary purpose is to stir the pot. 357 is one of those people and he gets his jollies by stirring and creating a stink. By responding to him you are just feeding him. If you ignore him you will cut off his supply of food and he will go away. I don't understand such people but they do exist!!!

Whosyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Warren County
    I am not interested in your bait, but let me point out that Hamas and Turkey have their own human rights issues that you have not spoken one iota about. Turkey cannot even admit their genocidal history, and Hamas.... well the blood on their hands is even more recent.

It is funny that people here often fail in that they want to speak on behalf of the gun owning community, and here you are wanting to speak on behalf of the entire world. I would remind you of Joe Williams, a member here, who is known to tell people that they only speak on behalf of one person - themselves.

If you wish to convince us of something more that we should seek to be, or have interest in, then perhaps you can present it in terms we would be interested in - love, fun, happiness, fairness, honesty, and not in terms of things we are not interested in - vitriol, fear, anger and disrespect.

If you actually have a goal, like the one you have stated, then you are taking the wrong approach. You have not engaged in dialogue, but spewage. You claim to have a goal of reaching out, but instead it is apparrent that you want only to confirm some deeply held dislike you have for the "unenlightened" gun owner. Your tact seems to bring you directly to the end point of your disgust and allows you to blame others for ending up there.

My training and background is among the Quakers. (Seriously). There is no community that has better mastered dialogue and conflict resolution of the type you hold a banner claiming to want. But the key you miss, intentionally or not, is a lack of respect in "the other" and a desire to come to a point that is different than where you began.

Show some respect, try to understand, drop your disgust, and perhaps you will gain some movement to your goal.

That is, if it really is your goal.

:yesway: and repped.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom