• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Brownsburg man arrested, accused of traveling to support ISIL - 13 WTHR Indianapolis

BROWNSBURG, Ind. -
    A Brownsburg, Indiana, man was arrested Tuesday for attempting to join the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL).

ISIL, also known as ISIS, is a designated foreign terrorist organization.

FBI agents arrested Akram Musleh, 18, as he tried to board a bus from Indianapolis to New York. The FBI believes Musleh was going to fly to Morocco in transit to ISIL-controlled territory.

The arrest was announced by Assistant Attorney General for National Security John P. Carlin, U.S. Attorney Josh J. Minkler of the Southern District of Indiana and Special Agent in Charge W. Jay Abbott of the FBI’s Indiana Division.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    And I may be crazy, but I recall a story a while back about parents freaked out about people trying to talk to their kids at the park, trying to recruit them for isis like stuff. I just remember a hubbub and the officials looked into it and made a public statement that it was all just everyone's imaginations and just move along. No terrorists here.

Nothing_to_see_here.jpg

And now there is the revelation that indeed there WAS truth to the rumor. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy, how about you? No! Our gubmint wouldnt lie to us would they? Say it aint so, Joe?

MohawkSlim

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2015
    firing line
    I know it's "illegal" to join a terrorist organization and conspire to aid them and all that (which is what these yahoos are getting arrested for) but setting the legal precedent to make a list of "bad people" and then arrest anyone who sides with them seems like something I don't want our fedgov having the power to do.

Am I alone in that?

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    If he wants to blow himself up then duct tape a grenade to his head, put him in a room full of his family and friends and let him pull the pin.

I know. I don't care anymore.

Trump 2016.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

My suggestion, over this (and I don't like what I'm about to suggest), is to pick the kid up, have a court (after proving intent) place him on federal probation, and have the feds track him. Put a ankle bracelet on him and cut him loose. I STILL don't like the idea, but it's better than sending him down the river for 20+ years.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    What I don't understand, buts its still early today, is that the FBI don't want to alert terrorists on a watchlist that they are on the watchlist by denying a gun purchase but can preemptive arrest on a bus ticket.

Maybe I just need another cup of coffee.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Thinking out loud, and certainly haven't thought this through....

Why not just put out an open invitation for folks that hate the USA and want to join {insert terrorist group}? Load them all on a big jet, and drop them off (or over) their target country. They get what they want, and we are rid of them. I suppose we would be increasing the strength of {terrorist group}. At least they would be over THERE rather than being a terrorist over HERE.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Thinking out loud, and certainly haven't thought this through....

Why not just put out an open invitation for folks that hate the USA and want to join {insert terrorist group}? Load them all on a big jet, and drop them off (or over) their target country. They get what they want, and we are rid of them. I suppose we would be increasing the strength of {terrorist group}. At least they would be over THERE rather than being a terrorist over HERE.

Agreed. There should be citizen renouncement drives set up every few years. Sign you name on the dotted line. and we'll give you a plane ticket, $10,000 and a goodbye. Feds will put you on the plane, and off you go (Never to return). I would totally get behind that.

Top Bottom