• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Not able to hear if the guy says the barrel is shorter than 16 inches, but it is possible being a Contender that the barrel with what appears to be a muzzle device is in fact longer than the new second amendment minimum of 16 inches.

So what's the problem??? :)

asquires2

Marksman
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Not able to hear if the guy says the barrel is shorter than 16 inches, but it is possible being a Contender that the barrel with what appears to be a muzzle device is in fact longer than the new second amendment minimum of 16 inches.

So what's the problem??? :)

Would you need a stamp or not?

Bucky623

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    For comparison, the barrel length on this one is 16.25" (super 16).

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/the_great_outdoors/groundhog_pics_2010

G-Hog.jpg

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Would you need a stamp or not?

No need for a stamp if the barrel is 16 inches or longer.

I believe Thompson got a letter from ATF about their Contenders because you can swap barrels so easily. The letter allows the shoulder stock on the receiver as long as the barrel conforms to the 16" rule.

Beretta has the same letter of exemption for their Neos pistol/Carbine kit which allows you to have both pistol and carbine barrel, with one receiver, and the pistol grip and shoulder stock. The paper states the exact order you must take to build either, otherwise your house will be destroyed as many men in black enter from everywhere to let you know you accidently left the pistol barrel on the receiver when you installed the shoulder stock, but in those few seconds before you were able to get the pistol barrel off to install the 16" barrel.

Getting silly, isn't it???

asquires2

Marksman
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    Indianapolis
    No need for a stamp if the barrel is 16 inches or longer.

I believe Thompson got a letter from ATF about their Contenders because you can swap barrels so easily. The letter allows the shoulder stock on the receiver as long as the barrel conforms to the 16" rule.

Beretta has the same letter of exemption for their Neos pistol/Carbine kit which allows you to have both pistol and carbine barrel, with one receiver, and the pistol grip and shoulder stock. The paper states the exact order you must take to build either, otherwise your house will be destroyed as many men in black enter from everywhere to let you know you accidently left the pistol barrel on the receiver when you installed the shoulder stock, but in those few seconds before you were able to get the pistol barrel off to install the 16" barrel.

Getting silly, isn't it???

Rite on

gunbunnies

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    NWI
    Now my question would be if you did ask the King to allow you too have your encore or contender have a short barrel.... is it legal to change the SBR into a pistol or standard rifle or even in the Encore's configuration to leave the stock on the frame and put a shotgun barrel on the frame... with the offending shotty barrel of the 18 and a half inches so as not to accidentally **** of the king and have a SBS... Or would it be a SBS anyways because it would be registered as a SBR, right... I'm not sure what I said but if you guys can make it out let me know what you think ?

Top Bottom