• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    A lot of the local WalMarts are restricting purchases to a few boxes per person. This is having the effect of making it actually somewhat possible to get your hands on some. The downside is that you probably won't be able to get lots of it all at once if you need it for a class or something.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Do your Wal Marts stock handgun ammunition right on the shelves? Because, now that I think about it, I think mine keeps it all behind the counter.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Do your Wal Marts stock handgun ammunition right on the shelves? Because, now that I think about it, I think mine keeps it all behind the counter.

I think all the ones around Indy are in locked cases now, with the exception of some shotgun shells and occasionally .22LR. Up until about six months ago, most of it was unlocked.

Some Walmarts have the locked case behind the counter, but not all of them.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    There are only 3 I go to with some regularity, 2 of them are in IL, one is in Lansing and I'm not even sure if they sell pistol ammunition, the other is in Carbondale and I won't be down there until November. The one in Schererererererville I'm almost positive has it behind the counter.

Glockster

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The best "deals" out there right now for larger quantities are the reloaders. Check Georgia Arms or Precision Cartridge. PC is in Hobart, IN so you would have to also pay state sales tax. I think last time I looked they may have stopped taking civvy orders. Both are advertising at least a six week backlog, but having a 1000 rounds show up on your doorstep for about $220 might look pretty good by then.

GhostofWinter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Lake Station-NW Indiana
    The best "deals" out there right now for larger quantities are the reloaders. Check Georgia Arms or Precision Cartridge. PC is in Hobart, IN so you would have to also pay state sales tax. I think last time I looked they may have stopped taking civvy orders. Both are advertising at least a six week backlog, but having a 1000 rounds show up on your doorstep for about $220 might look pretty good by then.

"I can't answer about Georgia Arms, but I CAN say that Precision Cartridge is still taking civilian orders. I emailed the guy about picking up some 9mm a week ago yesterday (A saturday) and got a prompt reply back within an hour I think saying yes he had it and to stop in on Monday. I walked in on Monday and walked out with a case (1K) of 115gr 9mm. Now I MAY have gotten lucky and he just happened to have a case sitting there. But I would contact them (call even) and inquire. If you live Close to Hobart, in (NW Indiana) then it might be worth a trip up to get it. The prices are VERY reasonably. The only catch is you have to buy in lots of 1K

Greg

Glockster

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Indianapolis
    "I can't answer about Georgia Arms, but I CAN say that Precision Cartridge is still taking civilian orders. I emailed the guy about picking up some 9mm a week ago yesterday (A saturday) and got a prompt reply back within an hour I think saying yes he had it and to stop in on Monday. I walked in on Monday and walked out with a case (1K) of 115gr 9mm. Now I MAY have gotten lucky and he just happened to have a case sitting there. But I would contact them (call even) and inquire. If you live Close to Hobart, in (NW Indiana) then it might be worth a trip up to get it. The prices are VERY reasonably. The only catch is you have to buy in lots of 1K

Greg

That's good news. Thanks for the update.

Top Bottom