• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    Some of us saw a Colt marked "Super .38 Automatic" at Beech Grove Firearms this morning. Is that Different than a ".38 Super"?

JUMBO

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I own a pre 70 colt super 38 Automatic and it is a awesome piece of aluminium and steel! as all say here they in fact are the same! ammo can be a bit pricey though and hard to find at times! The Mexicans just love them because the mexican military uses or used them and civilians are not allowed to own a caliber used by their military force(or it used to hbe that way). If my colt 38 super wasn't worth alot of money, I would carry it often! but it was made in the late 50's and is all original, so thats a no no for me on the carry. I had a guy offer me 1500 for it, I politely declined his offer as his english was broken and his nationality here was in question lol!

OD*

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    Indiana
    Some of us saw a Colt marked "Super .38 Automatic" at Beech Grove Firearms this morning. Is that Different than a ".38 Super"?
    The reason you will see both rollmarkings now is, the "Super .38 Automatic" trademark lapsed and USFA was smart enough to pick it up, that is why Colt slides are now rollmarked .38 Super, instead of the original and correct Super .38 Automatic. USFA couldn't trademark the cartridge name, so Colt (and anyone else that chambers the round in their firearms) can still rollmark the barrel as such.

Top Bottom