• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    That's funny!!! I just shot a brand new G17 2 weeks ago that hurt your finger to shoot the stupid thing. I got on here and said I was suprised how crappy it was and was given a website for a $200 trigger job. I am glad folks love their Glocks, my only experience with Glock left me very shocked and dang glad I didn't buy that gun!!!! :noway: :noway:

That website was for a the best competition trigger job, only meant to be a sample of the variety of choices out there.

All you had to do was ask me about it.... I could have pointed you to videos for a simple polish that really smooths the trigger for those who don't like the stock pull.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    This ain't worth arguing about. If it's worth it to YOU, it's worth it. Yep, a $300 Norinco will put lead downrange. So what? A $12,000 Pontiac Vibe will get you from A to B just as well as the dudes in their $45,000 dually pickup trucks...but they'll tell you they NEED that truck, for when they gotta haul STUFF! Percentage that haul more stuff than the Pontiac Vibe can handle? Charitable, maybe 2%? If you can truly afford to spend the money on a Nighthawk, you'll probably be happy with it. If it's stretching your budget mightily to get there, you may want to dial it back some.

bman1962

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 15, 2010
    Huntington, Indiana
    That website was for a the best competition trigger job, only meant to be a sample of the variety of choices out there.

All you had to do was ask me about it.... I could have pointed you to videos for a simple polish that really smooths the trigger for those who don't like the stock pull.

Thanks, I am sure my brother is not going to give up on that gun. We may have to take you up on your help.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    I have a stock Rock Island 45 that I sent off and had about every thing done to it that could be done. Finish, to new parts, you name it, it has been done to this Rock Island. Checkering, grips, trigger, I could go on and on. It will out shoot the Nighthawk's and the Les Bear's. $417 for the stock Rock and then $800 in new parts and labor. $1200 in the Rock Island and it's flawless and beautiful. I carry it every day. I own 27 different 1911's, from a custom $2600 gun to the ugly Hi-Point 45. It's all bragging rites. My little Sig. P238 is a custom firearm. I have probably $645 in custom additions to it with the total price of the firearm at $420, for a total of $1060. For a stinking little 380?? It's my bragging gun. It shoots about anything you can put in it. I almost think you could shoot rocks in it. You want a Nighthawk or a Wilson, you'll get a beautiful firearm with looks and function. BUT, The lowly Colt's and Kimbers, and Rock Islands will do the same~~~~throw lead. Just not as pretty.....

BOTTOM LINE {It's all about the $$$} If you spend enough $$$ any gun will be a good shooter.:rolleyes:

Johnny C

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Solsberry , In
    I just had a thought as I was reading these posts.
    Wait for it...

High dollar, customized bullets!
    I dont mean just handloaded, but fancy engraved brass, maybe gold plating or dual tone... :D

Bullets cast to resemble little skulls...

And how about the lowly magazines?, why not some customized magazines?

Bragging rights assured!

trigger643

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    I just had a thought as I was reading these posts.
    Wait for it...

High dollar, customized bullets!
    I dont mean just handloaded, but fancy engraved brass, maybe gold plating or dual tone... :D

Bullets cast to resemble little skulls...

And how about the lowly magazines?, why not some customized magazines?

Bragging rights assured!

You mean you don't already use them? Like these little 750 gr solid brass cnc machined wonders I load (kinda hafta work at them to get 'em in standard 1911 mag, though):
    DSC00135-2.jpg

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Last edited:

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Maybe I'm just a biased Kimber carrier, but that story reads a whole lot more like a massive NC government corruption story than what the title states?

Here is a link from the day before in the same paper;

State cancels sale to agents after inquiry - CharlotteObserver.com

Fishy, looks like it to me.

Its worth noting, Bwframe, that they were the Ultra Carry "Little Guns" that they had :)

But yeah that story is BS, and obviously about corruption / idiocy rather than a brand.

Is a Nighthawk worth it? Instead of asking US, this giant bunch of know-nothing internet guys, why not ask a real 1911 gunsmith? Or someone whos entire life is built around the 1911?

They arent hard to find, and much easier than you think to just call up and talk to.

Question is, since likely you will never have to bet your life on it, is it worth it TO YOU?

I know guys with 3000 dollars worth of SKSs, so... ya know, the cost really doesnt matter much does it?

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    I have 2 1911s.

One worth about 1400 bucks, the other 1350.

The 1400 dollar one has been reliable as rain, and fantastic.

The 1350 dollar one is on its way back to the manufactorer for some major issues.

Am I dissapointed that a 1350 dollar gun doesnt run? yes.

Am I worried? No, because the maker is paying its way back and will work with me till I am happy.

Do I wish my Colt or STI was a Nighthawk? Not really, they dont do much for me over what I got already.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Its worth noting, Bwframe, that they were the Ultra Carry "Little Guns" that they had :)

I know, I seen it.:n00b::(
    They probably just wanted to get the pretty "tiny guns" so they could quickly buy them for next to nothing from the agency.

Unless I'm mistaken, Nighthawk doesn't make 3" guns.

Top Bottom