Is 2022 Elections going to be a Red Tidal Wave?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Secure borders, resistance to wasting blood and treasure on pointless wars, net energy exporter with low domestic prices, low inflation, robust markets, high employment levels with rising wages for the bottom two quintiles, law and order, respect of our adversaries - there are probably some I'm forgetting but you get the picture
    I think you’ve described what I’d summarize as “America-first” leadership, which I think everyone leader in every nation should have towards their own people. Leaders in Britain should put Brits first. It’s immoral not to.

Trumpism is primarily America first. But is more than that, including some characteristics that are less desirable for many in a leader. But I understand you don’t find undesirable. But regardless I don’t think omission in your summary makes it any less sane.

I said it was a sanity check. In other words is it based on delusions? Just wondering what LG thinks Trumpism is, and we’ll sus out if those are based on delusions.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    “But “conservatives,” under the sway of liberalism, disdain that hard work and wouldn’t want to achieve that restoration even if it were possible. They, too, look down on homeschoolers and devout Christians. Does anybody really think Ronna McDaniel, the Republican National Committee chair who sends out “Gay Pride” tweets, gives a damn about real conservatism?”

Some good points in that article. Like when Christians are indistingushable from the culture at large, why should I join them and go to church when I can just sleep in on Sundays, when republicans are trying to mimic democrats, why should I bother to vote for them?
    th-1313331954.jpeg

IMO we lost our way and chose unwisely many years ago

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I think your off(al) hand is the one that's filling up
    What’s he wishing for that is unreasonable? Doubtful Trump is going to overcome this electorate. He will most likely beat DeSantis in primaries, mostly by tearing him down with his oversized personality rather than by just debating the issues and who is a better statesman. DeSantis can’t compete on ego. And Trumpers will cheer that on.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    “But “conservatives,” under the sway of liberalism, disdain that hard work and wouldn’t want to achieve that restoration even if it were possible. They, too, look down on homeschoolers and devout Christians. Does anybody really think Ronna McDaniel, the Republican National Committee chair who sends out “Gay Pride” tweets, gives a damn about real conservatism?”

Some good points in that article. Like when Christians are indistingushable from the culture at large, why should I join them and go to church when I can just sleep in on Sundays, when republicans are trying to mimic democrats, why should I bother to vote for them?
    I think it’s a mistake to exclude non-christian conservatives as not “real” conservatives. I think atheist/agnostic conservatives need to be more accepting of Christian beliefs but there’s some attitudes that need adjusted on the Christian side as well. Unless you guys just want to fight for control of government on your own. I’m about ready to the point of saying **** politics and retire in the wilderness somewhere.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I think it’s a mistake to exclude non-christian conservatives as not “real” conservatives. I think atheist/agnostic conservatives need to be more accepting of Christian beliefs but there’s some attitudes that need adjusted on the Christian side as well. Unless you guys just want to fight for control of government on your own. I’m about ready to the point of saying **** politics and retire in the wilderness somewhere.
    It ain't just politics but I've been there for several years now.... trying to convince the wife we need to disappear with our pups into the wilderness and never return.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Being a conservative is about as ambiguous as being a Christian anymore.
    I posted earlier in the thread that Boomers are becoming increasingly irrelevant. But there's another relevance factor that's steadily taking hold with regards to conservatism.

If conservatives are going to sell their ideas to the next generation, it's gonna have to have a more solid foundation than "because my holy book says so." When deep red Kansas (posted earlier by Ghuns) overwhelmingly says NO to the idea that there is no right to abortion, some would call that a clue.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Jesse Waters just said that half way through Election Day in AZ the main counties machines all ran out of ink. The top counties last time that fraud and funny business was going on. The Democrat governor is in charge of the elections and on the day most republicans show up to vote, no ink. That democrat governor as you know is also up for re-election. FL didn’t have this problem. I think most democrat states have got a fraud system working and the Republican states that changed election laws saw bigger margins of victory. I bet DeSantis won by 20 points last time if the laws had been in place. He was lucky back then he won by half a percent.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    I’ve heard it said that Christians are the largest customers of abortion providers. Christians. The church abandoned the culture decades ago, waiting to be raptured. They’ve done a poor job of teaching their members on the issues of the day. When I saw this result a few months ago, at first I was shocked. But when I thought about it in context with what I just mentioned, I realized this is to be expected. Just like the bills that got rejected in MT, MI, (and maybe in other states I’m forgetting) Tuesday night. Being a conservative is about as ambiguous as being a Christian anymore.
    Lukewarm Christian’s won’t make the cut. And your right. Decades ago got involved with pro life with my church. Not one single of our sister church’s wanted anything to do with it, didn’t understand it and one pastor asked where does it say abortion is wrong. My pastor showed them one scripture and they looked like they had been slapped with a dead rabbit. Speechless. All I can say is “ save yourself from this untoward generation.” That’s not directed at you personally.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    What’s he wishing for that is unreasonable? Doubtful Trump is going to overcome this electorate. He will most likely beat DeSantis in primaries, mostly by tearing him down with his oversized personality rather than by just debating the issues and who is a better statesman. DeSantis can’t compete on ego. And Trumpers will cheer that on.
    If he can't even beat Trump, than what will he do with the fire-hose of tame press criticism and deep state obstructionism that will be turned his way when and if he is the candidate and (even bigger) if he is elected

Don't you think the time to find out he has a glass jaw is during sparring before he gets in the ring for real

Speaking as an archetypical Trump voter, There. will. be. no. coronation.

Let the fight!

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Has DeSantis negotiated peace in the middle east or constructed border control (remain in Mexico) against the will of the left and the deep state and I have not heard about it?

Maybe have him call the Saudis and get them to increase production - I'm sure they'll take his call

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Is that true for your personal electronic devices?

to paraphrase: 'mo' capabilities, mo' problems'
    Voting machines are not high-tech wizardry. They are medium tech at best and simple in comparison to many common things such as phones. Voting machines should be designed to be secure and reliable - that is well within our capabilities. However there seems to be forces that do not want secure and reliable.

Why in the world would you buy voting machine hardware from companies that have integrity-scandal involvement already or foreign country ties or other misc crap?

I think everybody knows this should be a slam-dunk.

Last edited:

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Has DeSantis negotiated peace in the middle east or constructed border control (remain in Mexico) against the will of the left and the deep state and I have not heard about it?

Maybe have him call the Saudis and get them to increase production - I'm sure they'll take his call
    Seems to me nobody has ever negotiated lasting peace in the middle east or constructed border control.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Lukewarm Christian’s won’t make the cut. And your right. Decades ago got involved with pro life with my church. Not one single of our sister church’s wanted anything to do with it, didn’t understand it and one pastor asked where does it say abortion is wrong. My pastor showed them one scripture and they looked like they had been slapped with a dead rabbit. Speechless. All I can say is “ save yourself from this untoward generation.” That’s not directed at you personally.
    "Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat"

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    This is just personal opinion, so take it for what it is worth, but I get a very Crenshaw vibe off of the whole DeSantis thing. It feels like there is a propaganda machine cocked and ready to champion all things DeSantis at every opportunity. He certainly might deserve high praise, but it doesn't feel natural or organic - and I hate to be sold anything whether the salesman is selling appliances or political saviors

YMWV
    I get a feeling that is much more grassroots-ish than that. I don't think there is a real propaganda machine on his side - that would take MSM and we know they aren't playing. However I have heard his wife is a real serious promoter of all things DeSantis.

Top Bottom