Is 2022 Elections going to be a Red Tidal Wave?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Does anyone remember pregnant and hanging chads?

I remember us racing to use these electronic ballots. How everything comes full circle.

I remember those, but have to admit I'd never heard of a "chad" before that election.

Election fraud has been around since elections, some places like chicago practice it with impunity. My feeling is that more power is in the hands of big city machines now and you are seeing it in the rural/urban red/blue divide.

Someday candidates for senate or president will simply go see a law firm in the big city and get a number to pay for the office. What the people think won't matter as by then elections will have become more like celebrity sporting events with just as much meaning in the final outcome.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I disagree. The ONLY explanation I can see for so many voting for a wreck like Fetterman is party über alles. The perceived need to keep Democrats in control despite how closely the US is circling the drain

Fetterman I felt was a shoe in, he was machine top to bottom so the money knows he will deal. Regardless of how the voting went he was going to win. Oz was a stranger to the machine.

Always follow the money

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Fetterman I felt was a shoe in, he was machine top to bottom so the money knows he will deal. Regardless of how the voting went he was going to win. Oz was a stranger to the machine.

Always follow the money

Definitely true. It's not like Fetterman was just some random dude, lumbering out of the woods of central Pennsylvania like big foot. He was the Lt. Gov.

Oz was the outsider, coming in with his snake oil money. Only Fetterman's stroke probably kept that race as close as it was.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    ...Elections and referendums are trying tp tell them something but they're not listening...

A proposed amendment to the Kansas state constitution that said there is no right to an abortion recently lost by 20 points.

60-40, in Kansas.

Ya know, this Kansas...

kansas-election-maps-1604004072.gif

If it's not a winning issue there, where is it?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Thanks for making my point for me. No point in "showing work" if your going to give everyone the answers.

There are about 6 people here who lose their mind when anything but Trump 2024 is mentioned.

hahaha TDS hahaha... I seriously think some of Trump's loudest supporters are actually mentally ill. Not joking.

Remember when he said he could stand on 5th Avenue and shoot someone? It could be caught on video, in cold blood, and there are people who would call it fake news, a global elite conspiracy, or whatever. I'm over it. Maybe you guys can all move to Mar a Largo and he can be pretend president down there. The rest of us are going to get serious and discuss beating Joe Biden in two years.
    Well, I predict the rise of DDS

I'm already seeing much made of the Florida 'red wave' with DeSantis credited with leading a Republican sweep of all statewide positions while being re-elected by 20 points

Hell, MY governor did that and he's 75 and was re-elected by 26 points, but you're not seeing DeWine held up as the future savior of the republican party

Maybe we should stick to the only savior for our souls in the afterlife and determine to save ourselves to the extent possible in this life by striving to get the best and likeliest candidates we can for any position

There will be no early coronation of a '24 candidate regardless of how much DeSantis and his supporters might want it and proselytize for it. Such a capitulation would have resulted in ¡Jeb! in 2016

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    A proposed amendment to the Kansas state constitution that said there is no right to an abortion recently lost by 20 points.

60-40, in Kansas.

Ya know, this Kansas...

kansas-election-maps-1604004072.gif

If it's not a winning issue there, where is it?
    I’ve heard it said that Christians are the largest customers of abortion providers. Christians. The church abandoned the culture decades ago, waiting to be raptured. They’ve done a poor job of teaching their members on the issues of the day. When I saw this result a few months ago, at first I was shocked. But when I thought about it in context with what I just mentioned, I realized this is to be expected. Just like the bills that got rejected in MT, MI, (and maybe in other states I’m forgetting) Tuesday night. Being a conservative is about as ambiguous as being a Christian anymore.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Seems to me this is an indictment of our ability to govern ourselves. That we hang on every ballot drop to see if another seat flips, that who wins the POTUS election, that we care who is nominated to SCOTUS tells us that too much power has been given to the federal government.
    ...Aaaand we've arrived where every INGO thread goes to die.
    Irrelevant to solving the current situation.

What you say was already true when your grandparents were punching a clock. Most people do not see the Federal Government as a "bad" thing. The "New Deal" generation surely didn't. Many of our grandparents were Great Big Big Government Supporters. They were perfectly aware they'd still be waiting for an Interstate system if the Railroad Barons were in control. They watched a lot of people launch successful, lucrative careers by going to school on the GI Bill. For all the talk about the government messing things up, it also accomplished many things that people regard as progress, which the "private sector" had no interest in doing. It was true before most of us were born. The Federal Government may be a clumsy, blunt object, but nobody doubts its ability to direct a massive money-hose at problems and "do something." By comparison, the private sector, in addition to inventing new things and employing people, also harvests their data and cooperates with government in flowing that personal information upward and outward, cancels them, gives their jobs to foreigners, lobbies the government for policies that benefit themselves at the expense of individuals, and generally supports and accelerates the growth of government because it sees .Gov as a useful promoter of predictability in the markets.

Most of the rural folks who sit around posting "FFFF the Central State" might still be without electricity and sh!tting in outhouses if the Federal Government didn't exist.

It has become clear that fomenting about Government Power doesn't move people. They have to be persuaded why a different approach is better. Beeching about it without "explaining why and how" accomplishes nothing.

Last edited:

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    I disagree. The ONLY explanation I can see for so many voting for a wreck like Fetterman is party über alles. The perceived need to keep Democrats in control despite how closely the US is circling the drain
    I'm talking party of President in the white house, in response to someone who said there were only four midterm contests with a dem president. What I'm saying is that the election trend of midterm losses for the president's party are particularly high when the electorate is unhappy with the economic and social climate, regardless of which party the sitting president belongs to. There is currently great dissatisfaction among the electorate, the highest it's been in decades maybe, but they bucked the reliable trend. This seems off to me.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    ...Hell, MY governor did that and he's 75 and was re-elected by 26 points, but you're not seeing DeWine held up as the future savior of the republican party

Maybe we should stick to the only savior for our souls in the afterlife and determine to save ourselves to the extent possible in this life by striving to get the best and likeliest candidates we can for any position

There will be no early coronation of a '24 candidate regardless of how much DeSantis and his supporters might want it and proselytize for it. Such a capitulation would have resulted in ¡Jeb! in 2016
    Dude, there is no comparison between DeSantis and Mike DeWine, or Jeb! for that matter. DeWine is not being coronated because he is Voinovich Lite, the Buckeye Holcomb, a POS with no alternative. And I say that as someone whose first time in the voting booth was voting against Metzenbaum. Your crystal ball hasn't been working too well the past couple elections. You, like your favored candidate, seem to share a certain lack of grasp of conditions on the ground.

Trump is finished. Finito. Done. I voted for him 3 times and think he was a great President and would love to have him back in the WH. But I also understand the wisdom about "wish in one hand and :poop: in the other." He exhibits a certain immature arrogance and lack of self-control that many find disqualifying. It was ok when other acceptable choices weren't available.

But now another acceptable choice is available.

Donald Trump is the "AT&T of Conservative Candidates." His market just got de-regulated a couple nights ago.

It is a Biden-DeSantis race. It's the Tucker-Twin's turn to sit inside the blender and get churned by the media. He will not fare easily in this. But Trump has already been poured down the drain. He lives in a sort of self-imposed echo chamber and doesn't realize it yet.

Last edited:

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    I'm already seeing much made of the Florida 'red wave' with DeSantis credited with leading a Republican sweep of all statewide positions while being re-elected by 20 points

Hell, MY governor did that and he's 75 and was re-elected by 26 points, but you're not seeing DeWine held up as the future savior of the republican party
    Maybe, just maybe, there are other reasons besides the winning margin to consider.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    What is “Trumpism”?
    Secure borders, resistance to wasting blood and treasure on pointless wars, net energy exporter with low domestic prices, low inflation, robust markets, high employment levels with rising wages for the bottom two quintiles, law and order, respect of our adversaries - there are probably some I'm forgetting but you get the picture

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Secure borders, resistance to wasting blood and treasure on pointless wars, net energy exporter with low domestic prices, low inflation, robust markets, high employment levels with rising wages for the bottom two quintiles, law and order, respect of our adversaries - there are probably some I'm forgetting but you get the picture
    I would also add that he significantly increased minority support among Blacks and Hispanics as a result of "Trumpism" policies as well.

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Dude, there is no comparison between DeSantis and Mike DeWine, or Jeb! for that matter. DeWine is not being coronated because he is Voinovich Lite, the Buckeye Holcomb, a POS with no alternative. And I say that as someone whose first time in the voting booth was voting against Metzenbaum. Your crystal ball hasn't been working too well the past couple elections. You, like your favored candidate, seem to share a certain lack of grasp of conditions on the ground.

Trump is finished. Finito. Done. I voted for him 3 times and think he was a great President and would love to have him back in the WH. But I also understand the wisdom about "wish in one hand and :poop: in the other." He exhibits a certain immature arrogance and lack of self-control that many find disqualifying. It was ok when other acceptable choices weren't available.

But now another acceptable choice is available.

Donald Trump is the "AT&T of Conservative Candidates." His market just got de-regulated a couple nights ago.

It is a Biden-DeSantis race. It's the Tucker-Twin's turn to sit inside the blender and get churned by the media. He will not fare easily in this. But Trump has already been poured down the drain. He lives in a sort of self-imposed echo chamber and doesn't realize it yet.
    I think your off(al) hand is the one that's filling up

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Maybe, just maybe, there are other reasons besides the winning margin to consider.
    All statewide elections were won by republicans. We haven't had any hurricanes, though, so I can't champion DeWine's disaster recovery skills

This is just personal opinion, so take it for what it is worth, but I get a very Crenshaw vibe off of the whole DeSantis thing. It feels like there is a propaganda machine cocked and ready to champion all things DeSantis at every opportunity. He certainly might deserve high praise, but it doesn't feel natural or organic - and I hate to be sold anything whether the salesman is selling appliances or political saviors

YMWV

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    Upstate SC
    Big Red will love this take…

Amen to that article!

I guess I'm just being like @BigRed !

:)

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I would also add that he significantly increased minority support among Blacks and Hispanics as a result of "Trumpism" policies as well.
    And pretty much did it without pandering

Edit: Feel I'd better state that I don't think DeSantis is pandering either. Pointing out the difference between Trump's (successful) attempts to bring like minded minorities out of Babylon and previous 'outreach' programs by the GOP. Trump, IMO, treated them like adults who COULD stand the truth

Top Bottom