• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mikeshep1462

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Sweetser
    Anybody see this on the news? Irwin the wallaby went missing from Lawrence, In. and my girlfriend is worried sick about him. She has never even met this wallaby, but she is big animal lover. I had mentioned something about INGO to her, and she realized a lot of you guys are in the Indy area and will not quit bugging me about posting it here now! I even had to swear on her life that I would, so here I am. :rolleyes: lol. I gotta admit, this little guy is pretty cute and I wouldn't want him to get eaten by coyotes or hit by a car either, so if you see a wallaby in the area be sure to contact the owners! :):

https://www.facebook.com/IndyLostPetAlert/posts/465521736876861

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I understand there is a huge underground Wallaby fighting society. They steal wallabies throw them in a pit and make them fight over Kiwis. Not that I have any first hand knowledge, but I understand the way in, is to visit local bars that sell Brisbane Bitter and listen for key phrases. The codes phrases are
    GaDay Mate and Throw another one on the barbi. Good luck.

Mikeshep1462

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Sweetser
    I have to admit i do.. They eat kangaroo down in Australia, and a wallaby surely can't taste much different right?

The kangaroo has been historically a staple source of protein for indigenous Australians. Kangaroo meat is high in protein and low in fat (about 2%). Kangaroo meat has a very high concentration of conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) when compared with other foods. CLA has been attributed with a wide range of health benefits including anti-carcinogenic and anti-diabetes properties, in addition to reducing obesity and atherosclerosis.[SUP][3][/SUP][SUP][9][/SUP][SUP][15][/SUP]

Kangaroo meat is stronger in flavour than the meat from commercially-raised food animals. It is considered to be tender. Minced (or ground) kangaroo meat may be substituted in dishes where minced beef would normally be used.

bluewraith

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Akron
    I have to admit i do.. They eat kangaroo down in Australia, and a wallaby surely can't taste much different right?

The kangaroo has been historically a staple source of protein for indigenous Australians. Kangaroo meat is high in protein and low in fat (about 2%). Kangaroo meat has a very high concentration of conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) when compared with other foods. CLA has been attributed with a wide range of health benefits including anti-carcinogenic and anti-diabetes properties, in addition to reducing obesity and atherosclerosis.[SUP][3][/SUP][SUP][9][/SUP][SUP][15][/SUP]

Kangaroo meat is stronger in flavour than the meat from commercially-raised food animals. It is considered to be tender. Minced (or ground) kangaroo meat may be substituted in dishes where minced beef would normally be used.

Have you shown your girlfriend your newfound interest in wallaby meat? lol

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    [h=2]Thick, tasty and full of flavour.[/h]Ingredients

• 2kg Wallaby, cubed (any cut needing long, slow cooking)
    • 2 tbsp Olive Oil
    • 2 medium Onions, chopped
    • 2 Garlic Cloves, finely chopped
    • 2 Carrots, sliced thick
    • 16 Chat (baby coliban) Potatoes, halved
    • 6 Brussell Sprouts, halved
    • Handful of Button Mushrooms, halved
    • 2 tbsp Flour
    • 750ml Chicken Stock
    • 2 Bay Leaves
    • 4 Sprigs Fresh Thyme (if available)
    • Cracked Pepper
    Method
    In a stockpot or casserole dish, quickly brown wallaby cubes in a little oil and set aside (you may need to do this in batches). Use remaining oil, fry onions and garlic - cover with the lid and allow to sweat for 3 minutes.
    Return the wallaby cubes along with the flour and stir through. Add stock, bay leaves and thyme. Cover and simmer gently for 1 hour. Add the remaining vegetables and cook, covered, for 30 minutes. Uncover and cook, stirring occasionally for a further 10 minutes or until sauce thickens. Season with pepper.
    Serve with rice or crusty bread.
    Serves 6

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Just kidding around. I know this is a pet so I really do hope it is found safe. I must say though that this is not the first time this animal has escaped and made the news. Hopefully it will be returned home and better containment measures will be taken.

bdybdall

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2012
    I thought it was a little gamy. Tender enough, though. Might want to soak it in milk next time, I've heard that works.

alexanjl12

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 17, 2010
    Westside Indy
    Just kidding around. I know this is a pet so I really do hope it is found safe. I must say though that this is not the first time this animal has escaped and made the news. Hopefully it will be returned home and better containment measures will be taken.

I doubt it. I used to be roommates with John(owner) and hes not that great at learning from his mistakes. At least it looks like hes in a better area for it now. In our house it stayed shut in a small spare bedroom with a kiddie pool for a litterbox, which it hardly used because it seemed to enjoying ****ting everywhere else in the room instead.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    I doubt it. I used to be roommates with John(owner) and hes not that great at learning from his mistakes. At least it looks like hes in a better area for it now. In our house it stayed shut in a small spare bedroom with a kiddie pool for a litterbox, which it hardly used because it seemed to enjoying ****ting everywhere else in the room instead.

Now see, I just couldn't live like that. I'd definitely use it for a bbq before I allowed that to happen in my house. If the thing is stuck in a room full of :poop: all the time its no wonder it wants to escape.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    'HELLO 911...... YES THERE IS A GIANT RABBIT IN MY BACKYARD!!! PLEASE HELP!!!"

Officers please respond to 135 Cherry Lane, we have another drunk prank calling 911.

alexanjl12

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 17, 2010
    Westside Indy
    Now see, I just couldn't live like that. I'd definitely use it for a bbq before I allowed that to happen in my house. If the thing is stuck in a room full of :poop: all the time its no wonder it wants to escape.

It was his house, I was just renting one of the spare rooms, so I really didnt have much say about it. He ended up getting it shortly after he took a trip to Australia. Decided he just had to have one, so he went and bought it without even really putting much thought into it. I ended up moving out about 8 months after he got it. Between the 2 break-ins by a friend of the 3rd roommate, the wallaby, and the fact he told me i couldnt keep guns in his house, i packed up my **** and left.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    It was his house, I was just renting one of the spare rooms, so I really didnt have much say about it. He ended up getting it shortly after he took a trip to Australia. Decided he just had to have one, so he went and bought it without even really putting much thought into it. I ended up moving out about 8 months after he got it. Between the 2 break-ins by a friend of the 3rd roommate, the wallaby, and the fact he told me i couldnt keep guns in his house, i packed up my **** and left.

I was talking about him, not you. After reading it again, I can see how it sounded like that though. Sorry about that! Glad to hear you're in a better situation now. There had to be some funny moments at home seeing a wallaby hop around the house!

BTW, has there been any more news? I haven't heard anything but I wasn't really looking either.

Top Bottom