IRS taking Guns? and making you a terrorist?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • williamsburg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Nov 12, 2011
    Oaklandon
    I just got an email from a friend that had this link in it. I don't know how much truth there is to the final outcome but it sounds scary that even the groundwork is being prepared for the possibility of it.

» Bill Allows IRS To Revoke Second Amendment Rights By Stealth Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

The Secretary may modify, suspend, or terminate a special permit or approval if the Secretary determines that....
    Would/could that special permit be what we know as a LTCH?

If this is in the wrong place please move it.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I just got an email from a friend that had this link in it. I don't know how much truth there is to the final outcome but it sounds scary that even the groundwork is being prepared for the possibility of it.

» Bill Allows IRS To Revoke Second Amendment Rights By Stealth Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!

Would/could that special permit be what we know as a LTCH?

If this is in the wrong place please move it.

Don't believe everything you read, especially not from that source.

....The Secretary of Transpor
    14 tation may issue, modify, or terminate a special per
    15 mit implementing new technologies or authorizing a
    16 variance from a provision under this chapter or a
    17 regulation prescribed under section 5103(b), 5104,
    18 5110, or 5112 to a person performing a function
    19 regulated by the Secretary under section 5103(b)(1)
    20 to achieve—

:twocents:

Blessings,
    Bill

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF

Blessings,
    Bill
    This is priceless. Between Alex Jones and the Federal government, there seems to be plenty of :poop: to go around. Now if we could only figure out how to make energy, and clean air and water out of it?

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

Blessings,
    Bill

I would say that the source in question is a good source for questions rather than answers. I did follow the link to the actual bill and found it to be a mud soup that gave me a headache without yielding anything that I could make sense out of, which leads me to one of my favorite questions: Even if a law is constitutionally sound, how are we expected to follow it if we cannot manage to understand it (particularly when exceeding 1600 pages in length). Then, we still here the 'ignorance of the law is no excuse' tripe.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    I would say that the source in question is a good source for questions rather than answers. I did follow the link to the actual bill and found it to be a mud soup that gave me a headache without yielding anything that I could make sense out of, which leads me to one of my favorite questions: Even if a law is constitutionally sound, how are we expected to follow it if we cannot manage to understand it (particularly when exceeding 1600 pages in length). Then, we still here the 'ignorance of the law is no excuse' tripe.
    The DOT bill has nothing to do with LTCH. I do not understand how the blogger reached that conclusion, unless she deliberately intended to misrepresent the legislation.

The second link is to a proposal to limit the issuance of passports to persons with major tax liabilities. That could be a liberty issue, if the determination were made without due process, but I don't see the 2nd A. connection there either.

If one wants to find a conspiracy, one will, whether it is there or not. Maybe especially if it's not?:dunno:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    If one wants to find a conspiracy, one will, whether it is there or not. Maybe especially if it's not?:dunno:

Why let a good conspiracy theory go to waste? There's nothing like blind, irrational hatred and misguided rage to really get the blood pumping.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Why let a good conspiracy theory go to waste? There's nothing like blind, irrational hatred and misguided rage to really get the blood pumping.
    You mean Rahm Emmanuel doesn't have a monopoly on this type of thinking? Say it isn't so!

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark

A better point being that the whole of the all law in this land should not - and the TRUE law does not - reach even 1600 pages. Much less a single 'law'.
    Our grand and glorious experiment has failed. Rather, we have failed it.

Boiler1529

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2012
    Nwi
    No it's a bar in pa(i do a lot of travelling) And they have the lcbs who stated it was not them. It was due to back taxes owed.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    NRA attempts to squash the nonsense rumors:

NRA-ILA | Rumor Control

The NRA statement is misleading in the other direction.

The passport revocation powers are not "totally bogus."

Reports have been circulating regarding S. 1813--a highway bill recently passed by the U.S. Senate. The story goes that this bill would allow the IRS to seize your passport and your guns if you owe more than $50,000 in back taxes. The claims are totally bogus.

mycolddeadhands

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2012
    There 80 Million gun owners in America! If we all will get out and vote for the right.
    canadate that is pro 2 amendment we can stop all this madness

Top Bottom