• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Reason caught up with Rand Paul and interviewed him. It's a good interview and Paul points out where the republicans need to go to win in the future. Sadly, I think there are far too few who would take his advice. I do think he'd make a decent republican candidate in '16, but I don't see the establishment getting behind him. They'd rather run Romney again. Or the fat man.

Rand Paul: Republicans Can Only Win if "They Become More Live and Let Live" - Hit & Run : Reason.com

[video=youtube_share;Gftp95SqFm4]http://youtu.be/Gftp95SqFm4[/video]

Last edited:

MisterChester

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 25, 2013
    The Compound
    Rand is absolutely correct here. The GOP will ultimately fail if they do not take the approach Rand outlines here. I also like what he said about corporate welfare, if we are going to cut food stamps or other assistance then there is absolutely no reason to strengthen corporate welfare at the same time. He's one of the very few in his party that truly understands what's going on. I'd take him over the fat man or another Romney any day.

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    Oh, rest asured that the establishment will do their best to beat him down. There is a reason that every time he does well in some straw poll the bedroom gestapo/ drug warrior mouthpieces start running him down.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Rand is absolutely correct here. The GOP will ultimately fail if they do not take the approach Rand outlines here. I also like what he said about corporate welfare, if we are going to cut food stamps or other assistance then there is absolutely no reason to strengthen corporate welfare at the same time. He's one of the very few in his party that truly understands what's going on. I'd take him over the fat man or another Romney any day.
    I like him the most...so far. I guess I belong in the Silicone Valley ;)

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Rand seems to be playing to the Millennials, too. That's an 80 Million strong crowd. If the republicans ignore them and their views they are doomed to irrelevance in the future. That's a demographic that's in play right now and it would be supremely ignorant to ignore them. Especially in favour of a shrinking base.

Cynical

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 21, 2013
    peru
    Reason caught up with Rand Paul and interviewed him. It's a good interview and Paul points out where the republicans need to go to win in the future. Sadly, I think there are far too few who would take his advice. I do think he'd make a decent republican candidate in '16, but I don't see the establishment getting behind him. They'd rather run Romney again. Or the fat man.

Rand Paul: Republicans Can Only Win if "They Become More Live and Let Live" - Hit & Run : Reason.com

[video=youtube_share;Gftp95SqFm4]http://youtu.be/Gftp95SqFm4[/video]
    Mr. J, I think you are spot on with your assessment. The old guard will determine who is best and we will most likely wind up with another anti 2A assbag in the big boy chair. Ain't life grand!

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    How will a Paul campaign spin his recent flip-flop on the Civil Rights Act? He came out this week saying he would have been all for it.

Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    The Fat Man is toast after the closed lanes scandal. Jeb Bush is the man now. Rand may not be the nominee, but he can show a different way of thinking for a lot of those who are willing to listen.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    I like what Rand Paul says, but there will never be another Republican President, unless states move to discontinue Early Voting. And I don't see that happening.

I just hope Rand continues to get more influential in the Senate.

Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Rand seems to be playing to the Millennials, too. That's an 80 Million strong crowd. If the republicans ignore them and their views they are doomed to irrelevance in the future. That's a demographic that's in play right now and it would be supremely ignorant to ignore them. Especially in favour of a shrinking base.
    Many of the Millennials I know like him. Of all the candidates (all parties) I support Rand the most because his views are most align with mine. I just hope he actually believes at least half of what he's preaching.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    The Fat Man is toast after the closed lanes scandal. Jeb Bush is the man now. Rand may not be the nominee, but he can show a different way of thinking for a lot of those who are willing to listen.
    Might as well concede the 2016 election now if that is the case.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Bengineer
    Top Bottom