• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    I stopped posting political views on facebook. Meaningful opinions get completely ignored unless you post something bad about BO, then everyone hates you.
    I pretty much just get on there to play Mafia Wars now.
    WHAT...The SGT has a FB? Why was I not informed! :D

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    You are just a racist, ignorant fool who is not worthy of the air you breath, that's all.

Didn't you know? :):

I've encountered this with a couple fellows I work with. When you don't like Obongo they are offended and outright confused.

When you call Obongo, Obongo, they don't like that either....

that's been my experience anyways. :)::laugh::n00b:

As a few of you know already...
    I posted a status on my facebook acct that wasn't taken too lightly...

"Lord, you took my favorite actor..Patrick Swayze, My favorite actress Farrah Fawcett and favorite singer Michael Jackson. My favorite president is Barack Obama. Amen"

Needless to say in a few short hours I had 37 comments. Half were laughing but the other half were NOT. lol. I even lost a "friend" because some people don't have a sense of humor. **I** thought it was a funny little quote. But supposedly I'm now going to hell because of it AND I was told I should burn crosses in my yard because I'm racist. And let's not forget I was told to throw a Ho'Down. It seems that if you don't like good 'ole BO you're an unchristian, racist fool. It's rather entertaining actually.
    I do NOT wish death on our president...but the quote was darn funny. sigh. You should see these comments...too funny.

Moral of the story? Internet...it's serious business.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    When you call Obongo, Obongo, they don't like that either....

That's why you don't say "Obongo"...you say "OhBummer".
    And if you do it with a smile and a slight twang, it sounds about right. Then they nod, smile and agree...without even realizing it. :D

antsi

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    During the campaign, I heard liberals asking whether white people and conservatives were ready for a black president.

I asked, in all seriousness, whether black people and liberals were ready for a black president, because whoever is in the office is constantly criticized and constantly the butt of jokes. Just back to Bush, there were Bush = Hitler posters at every liberal political event and pictures of Bush next to a monkey all over the internet, and constant jokes about him on late night TV. I said I did not think blacks and liberals were ready to see a black president get that kind of treatment.

I guess we have the answer on that one, loud and clear.

ISHOOTHST'S

Master
    Rating - 93.3%
    14   1   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    Iyaf
    During the campaign, I heard liberals asking whether white people and conservatives were ready for a black president.

I asked, in all seriousness, whether black people and liberals were ready for a black president, because whoever is in the office is constantly criticized and constantly the butt of jokes. Just back to Bush, there were Bush = Hitler posters at every liberal political event and pictures of Bush next to a monkey all over the internet, and constant jokes about him on late night TV. I said I did not think blacks and liberals were ready to see a black president get that kind of treatment.

I guess we have the answer on that one, loud and clear.

Exactly.

internetseriousbusinessw.jpg

jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    I thought it was funny.......
    Don't worry Rach. I've lost 20 folks on F/B......and I care a lot.:rolleyes:

Hey.....how come you didn't quote my comments?:D

EvilleDoug

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Evansville
    I saw that joke, I thought it was funny, but the moment I saw it I knew that if it was passed around someone would have to defend their beliefs on a wide range of topics. I consider it, FWIW, to be ballsy of you to post it because I'm sure you knew the sh** storm was coming.

So :yesway: to ya for having the guts to post it knowing that people would flip their wigs.

cbop

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2009
    Winamac
    If it is any consolation.... anyone who referred to you as racist because of the joke is also stupid enough to think that Michael Jackson was white:):

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    I am just upset that Rach has FB and hasn't friended me :)::dunno:
    I'm offended you haven't befriended ME. I mean...why do I gotta do all the dirty work?:D
    Fricken GENIUS, that one!
    She's my "backup" for when I hide under a table. :):
    I saw that joke, I thought it was funny, but the moment I saw it I knew that if it was passed around someone would have to defend their beliefs on a wide range of topics. I consider it, FWIW, to be ballsy of you to post it because I'm sure you knew the sh** storm was coming.

So :yesway: to ya for having the guts to post it knowing that people would flip their wigs.

I've got balls. They are big and shiney.

Now get your head out of the gutter. :D

I know!! REALLY! Come on...*Michael Jackson*; favorite singer???
    PLEASE.

It's more like...PULEAZEEEE

Top Bottom