• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    So...I decided to get myself an airsoft training pistol to use during the long winter nights ahead and said to myself "Self, you've got a perfectly good plate rack from Bobcat Steel, but there ain't no way in hell that a .000440924524 pound projectile of .236 inch diameter traveling at 310 fps is going to knock over rifle rated AR500 targets. You must contact Kimball".

Whaddaya think? Could some 16 ga steel cut to the same templates as your paddles function with your plate rack design?

ZbornacSVT

Owner at Bobcat Armament
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 15, 2009
    Shelbyville
    I know we can do it physically, but since the reset bar uses the targets rotational limits as the stop, we may run into deflection/over travel issues with thinner steel.

It'll function, just may have to baby the reset? I have some 1/4" thick 10" targets you could try out if you wanted. Probably wont be quite small enough, but you never know...

chizzle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Try some aluminum. We got an airsoft plate rack a few years ago, and it used about 1/8" aluminum for the plates. If you practice, it will make you shoot faster!

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Try some aluminum. We got an airsoft plate rack a few years ago, and it used about 1/8" aluminum for the plates. If you practice, it will make you shoot faster!

That's what I'm hoping!

Kimball, I should have my equipment mid next week. I'll get a feel for how much energy transfer I'm getting out of the pellets and then I'll give you a shout to see if you might be able to make some cuts for me. Do you have a source for aluminum plate/sheet? If not, I can probably get my hands on some.

Top Bottom