• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    I use a mug, but I do let it and the brush soak in hot water while I shower.
    I do this as well, my problem is that for some reason it seems to take forever to get hot water going upstairs in our master bath so it really adds to my prep time. That and my lather bowl with "hot" water just doesn't seem to stay warm by the time I start to whip

D-Ric902

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2008
    2xkzbR2.jpg

VjpZ6gF.jpg

Not coordinated anough to avoid cutting yourself?

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Hey Chezuki or others, ItalianBarber.com has greatly reduced pricing on Feathers and Bolzanos right now, $24.95/100 for feathers

chato

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2014
    Jeffersonville
    if having trouble growing a beard or mustache, my great gramps always said to put a little chicken dookie on the inside and cow dookie on the outside. One pushes and the other one pulls.

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    That is a pretty sweet deal, but I have enough Feathers to last me for over 3 years.

Right on, lost track of how many of your orders came through or fell through LOL

as a side note have you seen tryablade.com? has a really nice variety and you can order single blades with flat rate shipping of $2. Kind of nice if you don't want to order a $5 pack of five. I think the highest priced blade is around $.75 but most can be had for about $.30 or less

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I have over 200 Feather and 100 Derby DE blades and most of my shaving lately has been done with one of these which only uses half of a blade.

P-SR1-T.jpg

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    I have over 200 Feather and 100 Derby DE blades and most of my shaving lately has been done with one of these which only uses half of a blade.

P-SR1-T.jpg
    nice, I knew you had acquired one. That site also sells single edge if you get the itch. I want a straight but it's going to have to wait for a while. I just don't have the time to put into it right now.

Midskier

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 25, 2012
    NWI IL/IN BORDER
    I see this thread pretty much petered out............ gents ( and ladies) with Christmas right around the corner - what a great gift idea - a DE razor , by far the best shave I've ever had
    30+ years of twin or triple blades and never a thought to go back in time to use what my great grandfather may have used.........

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    There was two actually, the other was a hijacked thread on Dollar Shave club. Was actually going to bring this back up and see if anyone knows someone locally or semi locally to make a scuttle for me. I know there's several available online just looking to either throw the business to another INGO'er or local potter. Maybe something a little more custom and has more sentimental value.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    I always thought it was interesting how one person could use a single blade and get a smooth shave yet another person would use a triple blade and get the same thing. The latter usually costing more in the long run.

jetmechG550

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    Having been at it for a while and converting a few friends, I will never own a cartridge razor again. I get three great, irritation-free shaves out of a single DE blade, whereas I couldn't get three irritation-free shaves from a multi blade whiz bang razor.

Midskier

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 25, 2012
    NWI IL/IN BORDER
    My wife got this for my birthday last month
    The Bluebeards Revenge ?Privateer Collection? Double Edge Razor Gift Set (Gift Boxed) | The Bluebeards Revenge

Plus a variety pack of blades from EBay between persona and feathers (blades) I am still astonished after each shave how smooth it is!

Certainly takes longer, for real, about 20 minutes, so I only use it about twice a week and suffer through with my electric on the other days. My DE shave is close that the next day after is still as good as fours hours after I would have used the electric. And cartridges ...... geez over a dollar a piece - never again

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Having been at it for a while and converting a few friends, I will never own a cartridge razor again. I get three great, irritation-free shaves out of a single DE blade, whereas I couldn't get three irritation-free shaves from a multi blade whiz bang razor.

This. I've been doing this for nearly 9 months and have yet to go through $10 worth of blades. None of my fancy multi-blade razors even come close to Feather in a DE.

Top Bottom