M1911A1 - no
    M9 - yes, 92FS

tatters

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 27, 2008
    Columbia City
    Army 19D Cavalry Scout 1991-1995 Enlisted when I was 32. Kinda in between any action periods, many alerts and "almost" went several times.

Ft Knox OSUT B-5/15
    1st Cavalry Division Ft Hood 1-32 Armor later reflagged to 2-12 Cavalry. HHC 2-12 Scout Platoon
    ETS as an E-5

Truthfully, they used me as a board soldier to an extent, I missed out on some good training... Missed enough that I had to do land nav twice in PLDC. Somehow I actually ended up knowing what I was doing.

I did win 1st Cav Soldier of the Year in 1994. Had my mug on a wall in Division HQ.

Went to Camp Shelby, Ms. to help train NG. NTC a couple of times. Competed in the Cav Cup at Ft Bliss.

A couple of ARCOMs and a few AAMs... Member of the Order of the Spur.
    And the stuff they give you for showing up.

I carried an M-16/203 for most, no I don't have any related guns.

The Army, for me, was a great experience. Spent all my time after basic at Ft Hood.

I also thank those currently serving, in all branches, and those that came before them. Like this guy did... My Dad who passed away in February. He did far more than I could ever hope to do. He shot at Germans with anti aircraft fire... I'm a slacker, and finally got his flag cased just in time for Veteran's day.

IMG_2841.jpg

IMG_2838.jpg

Last edited:

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I was honored to have been able to serve from 1966-71 at Ft. Knox, Ft. Ord, Ft. Benning, Ft. Campbell, Ft. Walters, Ft. Rucker, Long Binh, Camp Eagle, Camp Evans, Berlin Brigade.

Awards: Army Aviator Wings, Distinguished Flying Cross with one OLC, Bronze Star, Army Commendation Medal, Air Medal with 8 OLC (I ticked off the clerk and he made sure that I wasn't issued the rest of the Air Medals I earned), Army Occupation Medal, Vietnam Campaign Medal, Vietnam Service Medal, Presidential Unit Citation (I never was issued this award). In my eyes these awards mean little. I would gladly give them all back if for just a few minutes, one of those who gave his all, could be with his loved ones.

Not long ago, during a fit of nostalgia, I bought an old Smith & Wesson model 10 with pencil barrel similar to what I was issued in Nam. They are very good handguns and I always could shoot them pretty well. I've got a couple of AR-15's, but they are nothing like the one I was issued.

Top Bottom