INGO Open Carry Trash Pick Up? (Lafayette Area)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Moved this feeler into Carry Issues for the time being, per the Event Forum rules. Once a firm time and date is established feel free to start a new thread in the Events Forum or I can move this one over and re-title it.

As for organizing an OC trash pickup, I think it's an EXCELLENT idea! I hear a lot of talk about changing people's perception of OCers, and I think this would be a great way to do it.

GuyRelford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 30, 2009
    Zionsville
    Moved this feeler into Carry Issues for the time being, per the Event Forum rules. Once a firm time and date is established feel free to start a new thread in the Events Forum or I can move this one over and re-title it.

As for organizing an OC trash pickup, I think it's an EXCELLENT idea! I hear a lot of talk about changing people's perception of OCers, and I think this would be a great way to do it.

It would be kinda cool to find some trash to pick up on property that is municipally-owned. In other words - we're benefitting property that we're now allowed to carry on under SB292.

Who owns the median of a highway - the state? I don't know and I don't have time to research it.

Guy

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    I'd be happy to make the trip, depending on the date. Is this a highway cleanup? If so, we may need to notify the govt that there will be people along the road.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    If you work along the interstate or another state/US highway, there's a decent chance that you can get safety signage provided by the agency responsible for the maintenance of the stretch...IE INDOT.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    This needs to be done in Evansville instead of an open carry event at the Zoo
    ^^THIS^^ Turn the tables on them and open a seperate front away from all the controversy and on your own terms. :yesway:

geronimojoe85

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 16, 2009
    I'd make the trip depending on the date.
    I'm always looking for a reason to go to Lafayette (dinner at 9 Irish Brothers).

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    You guys should buy aerator spikes for your shoes too. Improve the ground below AND above. If anyone gives you flak, just tell 'em you're making drainage holes for the impending zombie apocalypse. Blood running in the streets would get messy. Wait... Do zombies have blood?

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I suggest signage so people's attention is drawn to the fact that the workers are OCing. I also suggest a press release so it gets some coverage by the media... We can use all the good press we can get, considering the horrible way the press usually depicts us.

Also, depending on where and when, yes, I'd participate.

Blessings,
    Bill

Top Bottom