• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    I have read this whole thread and would have to say if I understand things right some guys have huge stones.

The way I understand it, and it could be wrong, I am wrong every day but still get out of bed the next day, ATFC was openly carrying and MP5?

If this is right I commend him for the stones it would take to carry such a weapon in public.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I have read this whole thread and would have to say if I understand things right some guys have huge stones.

The way I understand it, and it could be wrong, I am wrong every day but still get out of bed the next day, ATFC was openly carrying and MP5?

If this is right I commend him for the stones it would take to carry such a weapon in public.

Nope, it was IndyMonkey who was carrying the MP5. Now it's still up for debate if the the stones were in his head or between his legs. :laugh:

Icarry2

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 14, 2010
    Franklin County, VA
    I see, well the comment about the cop holding “his” MP5 led me to believe it was ATFC’s. My mistake..

I would have to say then that all of this BS for just openly carrying makes it an atrocity.

I guess that’s why I try to conceal more then open carry.

When I lived in Indy I never openly carried..

I had been asked to leave many places when I did or if my concealment wasn’t that good.

I remember one time I got hassled much like ATFC did on the North side but wasn’t ever cuffed..

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    From what I understand...
    Indy monkey had the MP5 which caused the alarm/ tactical response (I've heard that some police actually rapelled on scene via helicopters but that hasn't been confirmed).

ATFC stated that he felt it would be wise to leave his weapon holstered. This led the officer to believe that ATCF was not respecting his authority. Instead of beating ATCF with his night stick,(+1 to the officer) the officer pulled out the matching bracelets.

wag1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 25, 2008
    Indianapolis
    From what I understand...
    Indy monkey had the MP5 which caused the alarm/ tactical response (I've heard that some police actually rapelled on scene via helicopters but that hasn't been confirmed).

ATFC stated that he felt it would be wise to leave his weapon holstered. This led the officer to believe that ATCF was not respecting his authority. Instead of beating ATCF with his night stick,(+1 to the officer) the officer pulled out the matching bracelets.

Too bad he had no authority to handcuff and detain a man who had not committed any crime (-1 to the officer). Furthermore, he asked the ATFC to violate safety rules to comply with his whim.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I did some quick research. If my research is correct...

There are 800,000 law enforcement officers in the US. There are 2.9 million soldiers (active and reserve).

So you tell me who is more capable of pulling off such a project? Not to mention when the blue helmets show up.

See it sounds just as assinine when used that way too... :D
    3 million soldiers is not enough troops to hold, let alone pacify anywhere in the US. Even IF you include the Military and LEAs together it is no where close enough...

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    Is there a "Reader's Digest" version of this thread?

A small group of 6 open carriers were downtown at City Market in front of the City County building waiting for additional carriers to arrive before going to lunch and go for a walk around downtown to handout fliers when police decided to harass and violate our rights.
    Illegal detainment and seizure occurred, violating our constitutional rights.
    Police did not follow their own procedures and protocol for handing the situation, placing many in the area in increased danger. At least 1 complaint has been filed, but no word from IMPD as of yet.:popcorn:

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    I filed a complaint with IMPD 4 days after the violation and have yet to be contacted by them. After rereading their complaint process, it appears my 'informal complaint' will not go anywhere, as the Citizens' Police Complaint Board does not review those..they are only forwarded to the officer's superiors.:rolleyes: I wonder how many complaints get swept under the rug because of this?
    They will only address 'formal complaints', so I need to call them Monday to schedule a meeting.

You would think that if an informal complaint is serious enough, the CPCB would want to review them...it is my belief that 'informal complaints' are a diversionary tactic by IMPD to reduce the number of violations reviewed by the board and need to be eliminated altogether.

What really bothers me is when I went down to file my complaint, I specifically asked to file a Formal Complaint, and when the attendant asked me what it was about and I explained it was in regard to my rights being violated, she said, "oh, that would need to be an Informal Complaint, here fill out this form.":xmad: I now question that individual's integrity that works for the Citizens Police Complaint Office.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I filed a complaint with IMPD 4 days after the violation and have yet to be contacted by them. After rereading their complaint process, it appears my 'informal complaint' will not go anywhere, as the Citizens' Police Complaint Board does not review those..they are only forwarded to the officer's superiors.:rolleyes: I wonder how many complaints get swept under the rug because of this?
    They will only address 'formal complaints', so I need to call them Monday to schedule a meeting.

You would think that if an informal complaint is serious enough, the CPCB would want to review them...it is my belief that 'informal complaints' are a diversionary tactic by IMPD to reduce the number of violations reviewed by the board and need to be eliminated altogether.

What really bothers me is when I went down to file my complaint, I specifically asked to file a Formal Complaint, and when the attendant asked me what it was about and I explained it was in regard to my rights being violated, she said, "oh, that would need to be an Informal Complaint, here fill out this form.":xmad: I now question that individual's integrity that works for the Citizens Police Complaint Office.

Sounds to me like you need to file a complaint against her, too.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove

The ole run around, imagine that :rolleyes:

Top Bottom