• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Where are you willing to travel to get your lowers?

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Young William

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    I would like to vote for Indy. I am guessing because I don't have 50 post I can't vote in the poll.

Scratch that, I just voted. I am sure it was operator error!

Last edited:

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I Spoke with Tom and he is Good to Go to do the Elkhart area transfers for the lowers. He charges $10 per 4473.

He is a retired fireman and works from his home so if he is chosen as a FFL dealer a simple phone call gets you a time frame to go pick up your lowers. Simple in and out.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Looks like so far, 26 have voted for Lafayette, myself being one of them.
    I'm in for 2 lowers. If the other 25 would also take 2 each, we're there!

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I'm still eyeballing an FFL who is willing to conduct a transfer out of state. I hate that I can't buy one face to face being an Ohio resident.

I just picked up my lower from the first group buy, but I did not go into Bobcat.
    That's a 2 hour drive for me, so I called Bobcat before the buy and asked if they would forward my lower to my FFL in Lafayette.
    They mailed it for an extra $10. I got a free transfer on my end (it's nice to have friends) so my total for the transfer from BCI, to Bobcat, to my FFL in Lafayette was only $25.
    Kudo's to Bobcat for helping me out.
    I could not drive to Shelbyville and back for $10, so they saved me money by mailing it.

My point is, if you have an FFL in Ohio, it should be easy enough to find one to ship it from Indiana to an FFL in Ohio.
    My guy will ship to an out of state FFL, and I doubt he'd charge you much for the service.

I know it sucks to have to pay two transfers, but in my case I saved coin even with shipping.

Pm me if you'd like my FFL's contact info.

aclark

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Apr 22, 2009
    The 219
    I voted Demotte, Elkhart, Lafayette, and Indy. I live 10 min from Demotte, travel to Indy/Bloomington a lot so Indy doesn't bother me. I can get to Lafayette down 65 in an hour, again no biggie, and Elkhart would be a nice central location for most the Northern third of the state, so I see no problem compromising there.

I would probably say figuring out exactly where people are, and plotting it on a map would be the best way to find a good central location that you can get 50+ lowers to.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Based on the poll, I'm likely to do Indy, Seymour and Ft. Wayne.
    Gotta go with the numbers. I'm cool with that. Even though I probably won't pickup on one of these lowers I can still appreciate the effort and understand the difficult logistical challenges associated with a statewide group buy such as this. Good luck.

A 7.62 Exodus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    Shreveport, LA
    I'm not sure if it's been suggested yet, so here it goes.

I received a lower in the first group buy, so this suggestion isn't because I missed out. Have you considered limiting the next few goes to members who haven't received a lower yet? Just so as many members as possible can get one

milton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    I'm not sure if it's been suggested yet, so here it goes.

I received a lower in the first group buy, so this suggestion isn't because I missed out. Have you considered limiting the next few goes to members who haven't received a lower yet? Just so as many members as possible can get one
    I think I read in the other thread, that this buy would only have a minimum amount, but no limit on max so everyone can get in.

spainy79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sullivan
    I tacked one on to Bedford but Indy is doable (preferably south side Indy). Even though I would rather pay a little extra and have it shipped to my local FFL.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom