• ...and so much more!
  • lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I'm bumping this thing back up.

We need to pick a date. We can all go offroad or just do a meet and greet.

Friday or a Saturday night. We could all park at the Danville Courthouse and all have dinner at Mayberry Cafe.

Just an idea.

Twentyfootdaredevil

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 4, 2011
    Chandler, In
    If there are several stock or close to stock vehicles you might consider Interlake. Interlake is a pretty easy park. Other than Interlake I guess Badlands would be next on the list.

Harlan is alot of fun for those of you that havent been there! I hope to make another trip or two down there before the end of the year.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    Turkey Bay OHV would be a fun place to Jeep. It is about a 5 hour drive. I've left early, wheeled, and come home all in one day, or you can camp or find a hotel somewhere. There's trails for every skll level and Jeeps of any level of capability.

For the hardcore folks, there are some killer hills to climb down there.

It might be a fun thing for breaking up the late fall/winter blahs. Especially on a rainy or snowy weekend.

Turkey Bay OHV Area - Land Between The Lakes.com

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Beech Grove, IN
    Sounds like a Jeep'in good time to me.

MYJEEP.jpg

painmerchant

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 23, 2011
    clarksville
    My TJ is pretty much stock so I would be limited as to the terrain I could drive on but I would love to try and keep up with the big rigs. I go up to bedford KY to a place called the dirty turtle most of the time and it is a really cool 4x4 park ran by a family of really friendly and helpful people.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    My TJ is pretty much stock so I would be limited as to the terrain I could drive on but I would love to try and keep up with the big rigs. I go up to bedford KY to a place called the dirty turtle most of the time and it is a really cool 4x4 park ran by a family of really friendly and helpful people.

You'd be amazed at what that stock TJ can do! I had a stock YJ, which wasn't as capable as a TJ, and it was amazing. Don't be afraid to rub the skid plates. That's what they are there for. My JK is a stock Rubicon, but it is a 4 door, so your TJ should go places it won't. Besides, I've not seen many stock Jeeps breaking axles, shafts, etc.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    Alright, Jeep enthusiasts, we've got to get a Jeep day together.

For my birthday, my lovely wife let me put the spacer lift on my Jeep, and then for Christmas, she let me get a set of 33 inch BF Goodrich Mud Terrain KM2's.

I took it down Friday to Turkey Bay OHV at Land Between the Lakes, and had a blast! I had forgotten how good those trails are down there. They've got something for everyone, from stock to extreme.

Anyway, the Jeep performed beautifully, and the lift and tires exceeded my expectations. I was getting over stuff that would have dragged the skidplates before. (Not that I cared. That's what they are for! But it is nice to not worry about high-centering.) The thing climed rain-slicked hills like a mountain goat!

Here's a couple of pics:

Before lift/tires: (This was at Redbird in November)

2011-11-26_15-16-09_495.jpg

After lift/tires:

2011-12-22_15-45-14_674.jpg

With three of my kids at Turkey Bay:

2011-12-23_15-23-13_554.jpg

I'm thinking about hitting Haspin Acres next week. :rockwoot:

Next up is a new front winch bumper, then a winch. I'm thinking about an LOD Middy front bumper.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Sigh....

I have my CJ torn apart right now. Trying to eliminate that re-occurring Short in the Fuel tank sending unit. I am also thinking of painting it Steiger Green...

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    What shade of green is that? I've always liked militaryshades of green on Jeeps.
    Not a Military shade at all...

Closer to Chrysler Code J5 Lime Green.... ;)

Steiger is a line of LARGE tractors that were very popular in the 70's and 80's before they were bought out by Case IH. I happen to have access to several Gallons of this particular shade of green for a very affordable price... :D

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    The Rubi is looking awesome! My wife sooo wants us to trade up for a 4-door. Looks like you guys had a great time at LBL!

My CJ is currently "under the knife", getting upgraded axles (14-bolt and Dana 60). Should be back together for spring. If you all still want to get together for some "lite" wheeling, maybe I can convince my wife to take our TJ out for a romp!

Top Bottom