• ...and so much more!
  • dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Just kidding!!!!:D

I'm just trying to get some attention. I know somebody knows something about aftermarket scope coatings. Cough it up or I'll insult again!

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    It's called Krylon, you can find it at Wal-Mart.

Thanks. Is that your real answer? I've got a very nice rifle, I'd like a professional job done on it, and usually people here come out of the woodwork with great advice. I hope some of them do better than "Krylon."

Thanks sooo much, though.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    I use krylon on my stuff to. it's far cheaper than dura/cera kote and is durable enough, plus if you fudge it up it's easy to remove and do again.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Just kidding!!!!:D

I'm just trying to get some attention. I know somebody knows something about aftermarket scope coatings. Cough it up or I'll insult again!

Amateur. The best way to get the information you want is to post wrong information so those in the know can exercise their vast knowledge and correct you. It's basic human motivation.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I can't link from the device I'm using at the moment, but if you want to try a cheap, temporary and non stick camo, google up "camouflage wrap".

You'll see all the automotive stuff, but look further for the firearm applications.

There is this cloth stuff that sticks like a medical gauze and leaves no residue when removed. You've probably seen it but incase you haven't, I just thought I'd mention it.

Some good patterns, too.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Krylon is actually a great option and in a way is more "proffesional" than some of the more permanent coatings. that said, if you want a great smooth looking finish, look into moly resin.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Okay apologies to Gameez for being snarky. My fear with doing it myself is my past knowledge and results with spray paint. I appear to have no knack for it.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    I use a krylon basecoat, then...

wait. What am I doing telling you my super secret walmart paint job sekretz!

Actually this week, when it stops raining, I have to paint a Aimpoint Micro, a scope, and a A2 buttstock.

Comon good weather!

Chance

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Berne
    Duracoat

Duracoat - any color, durable and no heat to cure it. Easy to apply with a good quality air brush.

Yes, I use it. Never a problem.

latham17

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 3, 2010
    indy
    I would go with duracoat its ALOT tougher than Wally world spray paint. I duracoat in my garage at home, even built my own paint booth for doing guns. PM me if u want me to paint something for you

Tinman

I'm just enjoying the show!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I'm another Krylon guy myself, my stuff just gets too beat up for any of those fancy finishes :D

However, check with Cwood. He did an aimpoint for himself, and he's doing one for me right now, just a little better quality than the old rattle can.

Tinman....

Top Bottom