• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    As long as it was disease free... I would butcher it and double wrap the packages. First layer wax paper, and second butcher paper.....Its plenty cold out side so you can wait until the weekend.

How would you determine disease free?
    Even with freezing temps, wouldn't it have had to be field dressed to prevent internal spoilage?

rhart

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2009
    Avon
    Ok, I know that horses and dogs are not the same but this reinded me of something that happened to me several years ago. I bought 2, 10 week old Brittney pups from a guy. He said that they had their first round of shots and were due for thier second set. I took them to the vet and got the second set. 12 hours later, both were very sick and 24 hours later both were dead. I took one back to the vet and after some tests he told me he thought the pups didnt have thire first set and had been exposed to Parvo. The "booster" killed them. WHen I went and cornered the seller, he admitted that he lied, they had never had any shots.
    Just makes me wonder if the shots was somehow the cause.
    Just a thought.

plowman766

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 18, 2010
    Huntington
    Best way to dispose of it is have a friend with a backhoe and bury it. Welcome to the joys of owning a horse.:): I was told by an older neihbor one time the happiest 2 days of his life were when he got his horse and when he sold his horse:):

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I wouldn't tell any authority anything. i don't think the horse was abused or he wouldn't have give it over.

I think sending people to jail for abusing animals is stupid anyways.

no I don't agree with animal abuse, but a humans freedom and an animals life are not anywhere near the same level to me.

2-cents.

So its perfectly acceptable to you for someone to leave a dog chained up outside in mid-January with no shelter, food, or water, and a collar so tight that it digs into the flesh of its neck and has to be surgically removed? Assuming the dog doesn't die first...

How about the guy that stabbed his girlfriend's dog to death with an 8" butcher knife because the dog growled at him? He was kicking the **** out of her when the dog growled but it didn't get the chance to defend its owner. When the police arrived, he threw the dog's body at us.

Still think that no one should be punished for abusing animals?

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    So its perfectly acceptable to you for someone to leave a dog chained up outside in mid-January with no shelter, food, or water, and a collar so tight that it digs into the flesh of its neck and has to be surgically removed? Assuming the dog doesn't die first...

How about the guy that stabbed his girlfriend's dog to death with an 8" butcher knife because the dog growled at him? He was kicking the **** out of her when the dog growled but it didn't get the chance to defend its owner. When the police arrived, he threw the dog's body at us.

I don't think people should be punished for cracking the skulls of most of society. Most people are total d-bags.

Ranger did say that he doesn't agree with abusing animals. I really don't think that sending people to prison is going to make them not abuse an animal again, the best way to punish them for it would be to give them the exact treatment they gave to the animal they abused.

combat45acp

Master
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    DeMotte
    Best way to dispose of it is have a friend with a backhoe and bury it. Welcome to the joys of owning a horse.:): I was told by an older neihbor one time the happiest 2 days of his life were when he got his horse and when he sold his horse:):
    This^^^

Pretty sure you must be zoned agriculture to "legally" bury it though. The horse sounded like it may have been "wormy" which they will look very under fed, so you can see it's hips kinda like a cows hips. That with the cold winter will be rough on the horse. Now if the horse was wormed by the vet, it may have passed too many worms at once thus killing the horse. Most quarter horses will live over 20 with good care. Probably around 25, that said however, a lot of people don't know the real age of their horse, especially if they are not the original owners or if they are trying to get rid of it..."Oh she is 18" could easily have been 28 years old. Also a chainsaw is too messy ;) , a good cross cut hand wood saw does wonders. Burning the carcus takes FOREVER, back hoe is the answer. Not cheap to have it "picked up" either.

Sorry, and good luck.

Last edited:

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East

I didnt say it was acceptable frank. nor did I say they shouldn't be punished. i just said I dont think they should be sent to jail. im not a sick **** that would torture animals, or stand by and watch it happen. there are other ways to punish besides jail. jail is our society's answer to everything, but its obviously not working. yeah, lets send them to jail where they have PS3 and satellite TV. hell they will even pay (we the citizens pay) to finish their sex changes. That'll teach 'em :rolleyes:

Top Bottom