INGO Handgun Classifieds Where are the deals, or at least common sense?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I agree with that. I am still rather new here, but enjoy looking at prices for things and found one that I would already own if it was closer to Indy. The drive time & gas spent to meet is not worth the savings in purchase price. IMO
    I am up close to the Michigan state line and it seems like a lot of the stuff I am interested in is down by Evansville.

SaintsNSinners

Shooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    At Work in Indy
    The one thing I can says about distance travel: I have been blessed I have only had to do it a few times.... But due to all the meet and eats and the PDub thread there are members here I would have no problems trusting to be middle man in their travels with one of my $5000 dollar EBR's if I ever decided to trade one.... Trigger Time and Churchmouse are two of them but there are many more. I think the Meet and Eats and Shoots are a great way to turn someone from "that dude on the gun forum" into "that guy I have lunch with all the time and shoot with"

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I am up close to the Michigan state line and it seems like a lot of the stuff I am interested in is down by Evansville.

I am with you there Expat. I am 1.2 miles from the MI state line. So I am glad to see more deals in the upper area. I have purchased most of my buys from the Indy area but try to tie it into work travels.

I will be meeting a guy from Noblesville in Kokomo the week of the 6th to get me a G21.

I have noticed that the deals up north seem to be higher priced so maybe the colder weather keeps the brain from making rational decisions. :dunno:

SERparacord

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 16, 2012
    Amish Mafia Bar
    I am with you there Expat. I am 1.2 miles from the MI state line. So I am glad to see more deals in the upper area. I have purchased most of my buys from the Indy area but try to tie it into work travels.

I will be meeting a guy from Noblesville in Kokomo the week of the 6th to get me a G21.

I have noticed that the deals up north seem to be higher priced so maybe the colder weather keeps the brain from making rational decisions. :dunno:

The cold north preserves the guns better, hence the higher price. :D

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog

I have done 2 deals with people from the Indy area, never left my home. Coordinated with other members traveling thru town, one deal took 3 members + me almost 3 weeks to get my gun to me here in Evansville. Everyone was happy.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    For something I'm looking to let go for what I believe is a fair price based on research I'm willing to do a little more driving only on my schedule some people don't have a 9-5 mon-fri job. I think that scares some people away too.

Whitsettd8

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Floyd Co
    I buy and sell a lot on here I usually prefer to trade but I have 3 different levels of "For Sale"
    Level 1: Oh sh*t I got a letter from the IRS I owe XXXX amounts of dollars and have to unload some guns. These guns go for +/- 60% market value and usually sell in a day or two.
    Level 2: I have project X I would like to fund but can't afford it I guess I'll throw a gun on the block. These guns go for about 80-90% of the average selling price on INGO.
    Level 3: The wife wants this built and this painted and a trip out of town; honey will you sell a gun? These guns usually go for about 110% of the average selling price on INGO hoping I get no hits and can say "I tried"
    And very rarely there is level 4 where somethings happened and there is a panic and I throw something on GunBroker for giggles. Oh I'll list this Glock 19 with 2 mags and 500 rounds, low and behold 5 days later it racks in $925

rbsangler

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Lizton
    A recent exchange between myself and someone here that does a lot of trading on here as well, (i looked at their posts history). In my opinion, if someone selling an item puts "firm" after their asking price, it indicates that they are hardnosed unwilling to accept any counter offers, at the point, the potential purchaser makes their decision and proceeds accordingly. If they just simply put a price, that indicates they are up for negotiation on price, at least that is how I have always haggled. This simple practice would save SOOOO much wasted time.....as well as the sellers urge to lecture the potential buyer about being a lowballer and then getting sarcastic and going on about" I wasn't going to sell it to you anyway" .....etc. Now, I checked the rules of the classifieds, and there is no rules about haggling, placing the word "firm" after the price or any of that, just seems like people would want to do that when they are FIRM on the price, and by that I mean TRULY FIRM on the price, not like the example of pricing dropping every week after a firm price was given. I was thinking of starting a thread on this topic, but I did not know which forum to pick. Happy New Year Everybody.

Snapdragon

know-it-all tart
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NW Indiana
    Yeah. I saw it again today. FIRM next to the price, but in the bump, it said "make me an offer". You can't have it both ways. If your price says firm and I don't like it, I'm moving on.

Last edited:

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    If they just simply put a price, that indicates they are up for negotiation on price, at least that is how I have always haggled.

I just recently started using the classifieds on here (my grandpa is cleaning house and emptying the safe of a few things so I'm helping out) and that is the way I was thinking when I posted. I did not say "Firm" or "OBO" I just set a price and left it at that. If someone wants to offer something other than asking price I wouldn't be offended, I would run the number by my grandpa (the owner and seller of the item) and then respond accordingly. I thought that was just the way it worked when selling things online. Maybe not...

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have done 2 deals with people from the Indy area, never left my home. Coordinated with other members traveling thru town, one deal took 3 members + me almost 3 weeks to get my gun to me here in Evansville. Everyone was happy.

I met you in Terrible Haute. I still owe you some beer.............:)

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Never lost money on a firearm. They go up in value all the time. Great investments! You dont like the price keep shopping.

Top Bottom