• ...and so much more!
  • Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    I am all for toys for tots!

I personally think we should avoid too many events that ask people for money or donations though. I think that donating time and helping to do good works for the community will go farther than just another group asking people to give money. I know I get tired of charities asking me for donations all the time. Just something to consider, how can we do good things without asking people to give us their hard earned money in tough times. :dunno:

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    At the risk of sounding like a broken record... at the risk of sounding like a broken record... don't be too upset if they don't come. And don't be upset if they do come and give an unfair, biased report. (Have you ever seen Jim Shella seek out poorly spoken libertarians in order marginalize the group?)

IMESHO, a series of YouTube videos shared on FB would have a more positive impact.

Well, to have a positive impact on the media, you have to actually plan to have material and spokespeople prepared before the event. Using alternate media should be in addition to outreach to the MSM.

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN
    What about neighborhood clean up? Is there a need for this in Indy? Would this be a reasonable idea? Or would that be viewed negatively as "outsiders" coming into town trying to clean up the city?

wag1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 25, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Well, to have a positive impact on the media, you have to actually plan to have material and spokespeople prepared before the event. Using alternate media should be in addition to outreach to the MSM.

We should reach out to TN_Mike with a local station when we have a plan in place.

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    What about neighborhood clean up? Is there a need for this in Indy? Would this be a reasonable idea? Or would that be viewed negatively as "outsiders" coming into town trying to clean up the city?

I think that's a great idea, but I'm not sure a residential neighborhood would be the best. I keep thinking about places like Madison Avenue just south of town. It seems like it's always in need of clean up.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I think the "Adopt A Highway" idea is a great one.

Get to keep the roads clean.

People from all over the state can adopt sections near their home, and the message will be more wide spread.

Get seen by lots and lots of people

It's an ongoing thing, which means being seen by lots and lots of people.

Doesn't require an exhorbitant amount of planning, materials, or cost to participate. Maybe orange vests with Indiana Gun Owners something like that on them.

Doesn't require everybody to be there at the same time, it's more flexible for varying schedules. A couple different folks can get together as their schedules allow and do their thing along the road.

J10

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Morgan County
    I'm in (assuming i am not working or have a family even obviously). If it is within 1.5 hours of me i would love to help.

Great idea on a way to bring a more positive outlook on OC to "non-believers".

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    You could help out both a business and a charity. Pick, for example a small grocery store and a food pantry. Assemble at the grocery store. Everybody buy $10 worth of canned goods then march to the food pantry and donate. The store gets extra business and the pantry gets extra food.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    I am all for toys for tots!

I personally think we should avoid too many events that ask people for money or donations though. I think that donating time and helping to do good works for the community will go farther than just another group asking people to give money. I know I get tired of charities asking me for donations all the time. Just something to consider, how can we do good things without asking people to give us their hard earned money in tough times. :dunno:

Gotcha...

Volunteering our time would be the choice then. Should probably find several options in the Indy area and put up a poll to gauge opinions.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    I'm in! I will see what I can think of in the ways of charities as well. I'll talk to my pastor and see if he can help me figure any out. He knows alot of them, and some are very deserving of the money, but don't get near the attention that some of these others do.

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    ^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^ is a good idea, also, clean up a street or nieghborhood.... I'm in ..... I like YELLOW VESTS... (Orange, is what prisoners wear...)

In that case, bring some orange vests in case someone is stopped and detained. (Sorry, couldn't resist.):D:D

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    I think blaze orange, or blaze orange camo would be appropriate for a gun group, half of us probably have that anyway

Top Bottom