• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    6'0", 235lbs here. After several years here I found this thread finally. Health and fitness from my fav gun forum, gotta love it! I joined a gym and now I just need to go to it. I live lifting, and if I stick with it I can make my arms chest and back look much better, but I hate abs or anything cardio, so I still come away looking fat after 6mo. This spring I'm gonna try and focus on running and lift only after I've ran (or biked). I'll try and keep track of any progress.
    If I stop eating like holy hell that should help too! ;)

Chevyman540

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    LaPorte
    Well after a month, I'm down to 214. Lost 10#, watching what I eat and some lite walking on the tread mill. Got to get blood pressure in check, before I hit it any harder.
    30 something pounds to go!!!

voodoo304

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2011
    SW Indy
    Where is Frosty? You started this to be held accountable. Well, you got a bunch of people with you then bailed. Get back here and finish what you started.

Some of us are still going strong and haven't given up on you. Lace up your boots and jump back in the fight!

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Where is Frosty? You started this to be held accountable. Well, you got a bunch of people with you then bailed. Get back here and finish what you started.

Some of us are still going strong and haven't given up on you. Lace up your boots and jump back in the fight!
    Hey now... Let's all remain calm:D I'm still on the sugar free diet, going strong, I've dropped a few pounds and I feel a lot better! Thanks for the push voodoo!:yesway:

jagee

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    New Palestine
    Weighed in at work today, down a little over 7lbs in a month...kind of surprised in myself. This is mainly just eating better with a little bit of cardio, I need to exercise more on top of the eating better, hopefully I'll get the motivation to do that soon.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    Weighed in at work today, down a little over 7lbs in a month...kind of surprised in myself. This is mainly just eating better with a little bit of cardio, I need to exercise more on top of the eating better, hopefully I'll get the motivation to do that soon.
    Keep up the good work. It will be warmer soon, and time can be spent outside!

cmr13

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 16, 2013
    Elkhart County
    If you heard a thump a couple of weeks ago, it was me falling off the wagon. :n00b:

The 2nd thump was me falling off the wagon, and the bumps were me getting run over by it.

-Guilt doesn't work. Don't beat yourself up over a missed workout or cheated with that Whopper meal....
    -It's not a big deal if you fall off the wagon. Getting back on isn't very hard.
    -This isn't a diet. It's a lifestyle change.
    -Don't deprive yourself... If you want a cookie, eat the goddamned cookie... just don't eat the whole bag.

^^^These are the things I have the biggest problem with.

My sisters had told me that they would split the cost of a treadmill/exercise bike, but then when I found a bike I wanted to get my one sister said she wants to get a treadmill not an exercise bike. :( But I talked to the therapiasts about what I should do and they said a bike would probably be better. But I can't afford to spend $400 on my own right now. This is the bike I wanted to get: Amazon.com: Schwinn 170 Upright Bike: Sports & Outdoors (Now they are out of stock too. Great. :xmad: ) The bike even syncs with MyFitnessPal! :eek:

perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    Tonight was the start of week two at Crossfit. I was way outclassed by even the easy version of the workout. I really sucked and it put me in a bad mood.

I thought I was doing good with my running times from the fall, but I'm so weak and inflexible that it's embarrassing. It's hard to do lightweight front squats because my hips don't want to bend. Jerks are hard because my shoulders are tight. I'm the last one finished or doing the least weight and lowest reps. But, I won't get stronger and faster if I don't keep going. Can't give up.

Top Bottom