• ...and so much more!
  • PeteGould

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 5, 2013
    Shelton
    To PiZZaMaN2K-

Thanks for posting about our in-development documentary project, INFRINGED: Second Amendment in the Crosshairs.

You asked a question that I'm struggling with myself. Well-known gun rights columnist David Codrea shared with us that for some reason he himself does not understand, the firearms and pro-2A communities are EXTREMELY difficult to mobilize. I wonder if perhaps it's because the large gun rights advocacy groups solicit for funding so often. It seems that every day I receive yet another urgent email from one or another organization needing funds for its lobbying efforts. While they're all doing laudable things, I wonder if so many people are getting SO many requests for money that eventually they simply say "ENOUGH" and start tuning it all out. Then a project like this one comes along - a one-off, not something that is going to come back every few days for more - but so many people have tuned out the fundraising efforts that it takes extra effort to get through.

Another problem with EVERY grassroots fundraising effort is that people often feel that THEIR $10 or $25 or even $150 won't make a difference, so they never actually get around to visiting the site and putting it in. If 150,000 people all do that at once, they're right about one thing: they end up not making a difference. But this is a basic human nature thing that we all do. The challenge is to convince everyone that yes, they CAN make a difference - especially because each time someone adds to the budget, it's not just their own $25 or $150 or whatever - it's the fact that the NEXT person who sees the building momentum is more inclined to put in theirs.

It's funny - I usually spend my time behind a camera or in an editing room, not dealing with a campaign like this one. Usually I'm hired by someone else to do the hands-on production work, and I don't deal with the money issues. THIS project, though, is a personal one. I and the other three producers are based in Connecticut. My office is fifteen minutes away from the Sandy Hook Elementary School, and all of us have been affected by the aftermath. We're also outraged that the Connecticut legislature and governor cynically took advantage of dead children and grieving parents to push an unconstitutional, anti-liberty agenda, and that politicians in other states and in Congress and the White House jumped on the bandwagon. It's right out of Rham Emmanual's "never let a good crisis go to waste" playbook. We've been assembling the pieces of this project since March, and we really, REALLY want to produce this film.

Hopefully momentum will continue to build and we'll get over the top by end of day on the 25th. We've had great support from David Codrea, Mark Walters of Armed American Radio, and a number of others. We really appreciate your support in mentioning the project here as well.

I'll be happy to answer any questions you may have.

Kind regards,

Peter Jay "Pete" Gould, Executive Producer / Director
    INFRINGED: Second Amendment in the Crosshairs
    INFRINGED - Second Amendment In The Crosshairs (website)
    www.facebook.com/infringedthemovie (Facebook)
    INFRINGED: Second Amendment in the Crosshairs by The Intervale Group LLC (Kickstarter)

Top Bottom