• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bullet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Seymour
    Does anyone know what Indy children's museum and Indy Zoo's policy on ccw? Does either have metal detectors? If I'm not going to be able to carry, I like to know they at least have some security.

K_W

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    Indy / Carmel
    The Indianapolis Children's Museum is a Federal Gun Free Zone. They have a state accredited school on the property. Both the building and the parking lots are prohibited.

The Zoo? Not sure...

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    The Children's Museum has an on-site school. It is illegal to carry there.

The Indy Zoo is a private non-for-profit. They have a victim disarmament policy, but it is perfectly legal to carry there.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I have it on good authority that if you don't carry everywhere 100% of them time, regardless of the law, then you are an idiot and a compromiser. Presumably this also includes when swimming at the lake.

gdunn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    I saw an article on msnbc about the 25 most dangerous neighborhoods in america. The childrens museum is located in one of the top 15 most dangerous neighborhoods. Just something to consider before going in unarmed.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    I saw an article on msnbc about the 25 most dangerous neighborhoods in america. The childrens museum is located in one of the top 15 most dangerous neighborhoods. Just something to consider before going in unarmed.

Just don't go.

That's been working pretty well for me.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    What? Then how so they supposedly get through the metal detectors?

You're thinking of the Glock 7. You know what that is? It's a porcelain gun made in Germany. It doesn't show up on your airport X-ray machines here and it costs more than what you make in a month.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    Does anyone know what Indy children's museum and Indy Zoo's policy on ccw? Does either have metal detectors? If I'm not going to be able to carry, I like to know they at least have some security.

I've not seen anything that would prevent you from carrying at the zoo. As previously stated, you should not carry at the Children's Museum, although that neighborhood has been named one of the 25 most dangerous neighborhoods in the nation.

Top Bottom