• ...and so much more!
  • Don

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Jan 17, 2008
    Greenfield
    I had to replace the cats on my 97 Yukon. My son put some racine fuel in the tank and ruined them and the O2 sensors. The cats have to be in the exhaust as there are 2 oxygen sensors per exhaust. 1 in front and 1 behind the cat. If the cat is not there the computer will not run the engine management (fuel/air) properly and the mileage tanks. Replacement is required at least on GM's
    My car has been tuned with HPTuners, the code will not post or even register there is no cat, also killed the stupid 108mph speed limiter as it is now set to 255mph and a few other transmission things have been changed. :rockwoot:

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    wow, definitely sounds like an inside job

No, inside job. We have that problem down here (for a long time). Scrap metal is fairly valuable. Suggestions to officers is to throw out feelers to surrounding counties and states. Kentucky asks very few question and their logs aren't too good.

lrahm

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 17, 2011
    Newburgh
    Why in the hell would it be separate incidents? You've got 1 police report, right? (I'm assuming) 1 policy since they're fleet vehicles?

Agreed. I think I'd tell them that instead of paying the deductables, you were just going use that money to fix them and pay the first payment at a new insurer.

I kind of feel that the local PD will only make out one offense report and list the number of items and one total cost. I agree with you. If I were an officer there, I sure wouldn't make tons of reports.

dsol

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    Jeffersonville
    What are the damn things worth? I have a couple from my Triumph when I pulled them to install headers in my racing days. I have called scrap places and they only want to offer $5 to $25 each. You would think by the stories on the internet that they were going for $100's.

gunowner930

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Depending on the vehicle, its can be nice to just remove them. Of course the car would now ONLY see use at the track and never ever be driven on a public road... :):

Top Bottom