• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Drotis

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 17, 2012
    Sellersburg
    I live in So. iN, near Louisville. I have been to the KY Gun and Military show in Louisville several times. While it's always fun to walk around and browse, I can't buy handguns because I'm not a KY resident. I'm mostly interested in used guns and was thinking of a road trip to the Indy 1500. Is it worth the trip? Are guns bought there private party sale or more like a retail sale wrt paperwork?

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    Check out the classifieds on here...

You will still be doing paperwork if you go to the 1500 but at least you can take a firearm home (unless you get delayed/denied) unlike Louv. where you have to have it shipped to your FFL.

Mostly going to be new handguns at 1500 but still worth the trip, it is bigger then the Louv. show, I have been to both.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    Both occur. The dealers of course follow the applicable laws that already require Federal paperwork. There is no "gun show loophole". There will be other private individuals there that may be willing to privately sell firearms. Those transactions are, are I'm sure you know, perfectly legal by law and no different than buying a car or a pinball machine. They may, or may not require you to fulfill requirements that they set as private sellers. There is usually quite a selection of used guns to choose from at the dealer tables. Private sales are dependent upon who shows up with what, and whether they wish to sell or not.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I live in So. iN, near Louisville. I have been to the KY Gun and Military show in Louisville several times. While it's always fun to walk around and browse, I can't buy handguns because I'm not a KY resident. I'm mostly interested in used guns and was thinking of a road trip to the Indy 1500. Is it worth the trip? Are guns bought there private party sale or more like a retail sale wrt paperwork?
    The 1500 is worth going to even just to walk around and smell the smells. Until you get crop dusted and then you'll wish you didn't have a nose.
    ive been to the big Louisville show you speak of and also the smaller one that's there. Nothin compares to the big Louisville show but in my opinion it's full of dealers that just want to show off their unaffordable guns mostly. I didn't find any good deals there. The 1500 has some of those typs too but you WILL find at least one good buy at the 1500 I promise. Been going since it started

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Yeah I just want to slap people when I hear them use the term "gun show loophole"

Gun show loopholes... ;)

Vest0.jpg

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Every time I've gone there have been a bunch of people selling privately. Some offer good deals while some must have been dropped on their heads. If you spend some time you can find good deals.

Thegeek

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Just because of the current climate, you should only go if you want to handle something your local guys don't have. Deals are very few and far between. Prices are typically the same as your LGS. I live in Indy, and I'll be going, but I really don't plan on buying anything. After you figure in fuel and fees just to get there and in the door, you'll get something cheaper at home.

Other things that aren't panic items (optics, candied nuts, survival stuffs) are found in abundance and for some good deals.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I've bought two guns there. One was new at a dealer, one was used from a private seller. IMHO, there's more new guns than used. Just my :twocents:

If you've never been before then I would say it's worth it. This show is in the South Pavilion so it's a little easier to move around. Again, JMHO.

Top Bottom