• ...and so much more!
  • Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I think that eventually, at least weed will be legalized. I don't think there's as strong a case for the really hard drugs like opioids or meth. I'm not sure those would ever be socially acceptable to enough people that they could be taken off the schedule. But I think there's a strong case for marijuana.

Guns are different. People aren't freedom loving. I think if they were at least as educated about the founding principles as they are about Social Justice, I think more people would be freedom friendly. But hell, as it is we're losing ground just on free speech. I think we're losing ground on guns too. We had some momentum going where the trend over the last 30 years has been favorable for relaxing gun laws, but then Sandy Hook changed that. The trends now are more towards more regulation. Of course the dishonest portrayal of the issue is why the trend changed so much. Point is, we're not winning that battle of opinion right now.
    Thats why gun owners need to practice more

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I think its bull**** we have to pay a damn lawyer to exercise our freedoms or keep them from being trampled anymore in this country.
    Thats the freaking problem is common ground and allowing everyone to believe that they have a voice and that their opinion matters. Because no, no everyone's opinion doesn't really always matter.

Hey man! Lawyers are people too.

Nah I'm just kidding. They're not really people. :n00b:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I think its bull**** we have to pay a damn lawyer to exercise our freedoms or keep them from being trampled anymore in this country.
    Thats the freaking problem is common ground and allowing everyone to believe that they have a voice and that their opinion matters. Because no, no everyone's opinion doesn't really always matter.

Yes. It's bull****. Societies are complicated. Some people's opinions just matter more than others', even if that doesn't make any sense. Common ground, at least how I've described it isn't the problem. It's just how people with diverging opinions about how things ought to be can live with each other. I think the best solution to that is the idea of federalism. Though there are some limits to the usefulness of federalism. States shouldn't be free to oppress their people. Not letting you posses weed isn't exactly oppression. Whereas not letting you speak or be able protect yourself is fundamental.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Should absolutely be legal too, everyone needs to try mushrooms at least once

I don't have a problem with other people trying it, but I have zero desire to do it. I don't take drugs. I don't drink alcohol. I do not like having an altered state of mind. I don't like to be high or drunk. I grew out of that **** many decades ago.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I don't have a problem with other people trying it, but I have zero desire to do it. I don't take drugs. I don't drink alcohol. I do not like having an altered state of mind. I don't like to be high or drunk. I grew out of that **** many decades ago.

Grew out of is different from having never tried. Ever do those optical Illusion pictures and realize your brain is just piecing together a model in your head?
    Psychedelics aren't about 'getting high' or feeling good, they put a fine point on just how much of your 'self' is jist molecules interacting in your brain.
    Theres a reason psychedelics are the opposite of addicting and used to help people kick actual destructive drug habits.

Truly insane how far from the truth the general public's knowledge of psychedelics is.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Did you know colors had a smell?

And when people say they can see music and sounds. They're not making that up. They can see it... for reals.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Don't get me started about whiffing sharpies....

And for God's sake, keep your windows tightly shut while building your models. You're wasting precious fumes.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Amen. It was just here the other day we had this discussion in a political thread. I believe it was kut that said something about it may not be a bad thing to be majority run. I can’t imagine what impact that would have had 100 years ago if the majority had complete control over the minorities.

I thank god we live in a constitutional republic. Now if we could just get it back to being ran BY THE PEOPLE, FOR THE PEOPLE

Surely this was meant to be in purple.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Have we solved the pot thing yet?

No?

giphy.gif

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Surely this was meant to be in purple.

Yes and no. You supporting it, yes. The impact it would have had on minorities (even worse than what we did have if it had been majority ruled then)... no. I know you stated you aren’t in favor of majority ruled elections, but also argued it was more fair at the same time. Wasn’t intending any shade, believe me I’d let you know :p:):

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...-salma-hayek-discussion-thread-part-v-29.html

I think post 1125 is where the conversation started on the fairness of popular votes. But, different thread different topic

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    The impression I got was that if everyone on INGO would just believe, pot would be legal....or something.

Even if Indiana legalized marijuana, none of us could smoke it “legally”. We fill out a 4473 that asks about marijuana usage. I’m not gonna commit a federal crime and have my rights stripped. I think it’s bs and the feds should decriminalize it, but states legalizing it does nothing for us.

Top Bottom