• ...and so much more!
  • Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    This is the same rep. That won't schedule the constitutional carry bill a hearing? **** him.

id like to see sale on Sunday but I won't help this ass hole out. No phone calls on this one from me guys sorry.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    This is the same rep. That won't schedule the constitutional carry bill a hearing? **** him.

id like to see sale on Sunday but I won't help this ass hole out. No phone calls on this one from me guys sorry.

If you want to carry, just get a permit. I have a lifetime permit. I don't see what the big deal is. Is everyone too lazy to go to their CLEO and get the process started?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Good let it pass because most liquor stores have liquor on shelves too. That will teach the lobbyists

This aspect won't apply to them because minors are not allowed in their stores.

Representative Schmaltz was making the claim that kids are going in to Kroger and putting bottles in their cart - that's legal. Then, they covertly sneak into the restroom and guzzle it down and hide the empty bottle behind the boxes of Frosted Flakes. Seriously, this was his line of questions to the Kroger rep. :n00b:

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    I think you guys or myself is missing the point. To work in a liquor store, every clerk has to be licensed. To work in Kroger, only 1 person has a "shared" license. Another thing, Krogers highest % of theft loss comes from alcohol. It is the most stolen item at Krogers. Any kid can walk in and steal it. Another thing...in Indiana, a liquor store gets no ad money because it is illegal, but Krogers, Wal-Mart, CVS collect ad money in other states.

I can see many reasons why it's not equal now. I use to laugh at my rich buddy who owns some liquor stores....he would whine about how it was unfair, well I started looking around and using my own common sense......and it is unfair. I hope they do pass this and make every store that sales booze have licensed clerks and the booze in a secured location.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    I think you guys or myself is missing the point. To work in a liquor store, every clerk has to be licensed. To work in Kroger, only 1 person has a "shared" license. Another thing, Krogers highest % of theft loss comes from alcohol. It is the most stolen item at Krogers. Any kid can walk in and steal it. Another thing...in Indiana, a liquor store gets no ad money because it is illegal, but Krogers, Wal-Mart, CVS collect ad money in other states.

I can see many reasons why it's not equal now. I use to laugh at my rich buddy who owns some liquor stores....he would whine about how it was unfair, well I started looking around and using my own common sense......and it is unfair. I hope they do pass this and make every store that sales booze have licensed clerks and the booze in a secured location.

Because it would just be too difficult to lift the unnecessary burdens and restrictions placed on package liquor stores?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008

So rather than work to tear down unfair laws and regulations, let's buid them up. No idea how our government has become this monstrosity.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    So you say change the law to suit the national big box stores, instead of just making the box stores adapt to the existing liquor store laws?

The small government thing (opposite of what a republican would do) to do would be to repeal existing laws making it fair for both.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    So you say change the law to suit the national big box stores, instead of just making the box stores adapt to the existing liquor store laws?

That's an odd straw man. How would lifting unnecessary burdens and restrictions placed on *package liquor stores* (what I *actually* suggested) somehow suit *national big box stores*, rather than suit the now-unburdened and less-restricted package liquor stores?

The small government thing (opposite of what a republican would do) to do would be to repeal existing laws making it fair for both.

I'm a Republican (granted, not Establishment, not holding office). Though perhaps it would be more accurate to refer to me as merely a limited-government, constitutional conservative.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    I don't think liquor stores consider them unnecessary burdens and restrictions.......Krogers and Wal-Mart do. In fact, I think liquor stores consider them very necessary in order to keep underage people from stealing alcohol. Liquor stores have played by the rules for years....we never had this debate until the big nationals decided they wanted to become liquor stores without being liquor stores.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I don't think liquor stores consider them unnecessary burdens and restrictions.......Krogers and Wal-Mart do. In fact, I think liquor stores consider them very necessary in order to keep underage people from stealing alcohol. Liquor stores have played by the rules for years....we never had this debate until the big nationals decided they wanted to become liquor stores without being liquor stores.

Republicans will continue to grow government while in power as long as their voters continue to let them off the hook for it.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Republicans will continue to grow government while in power as long as their voters continue to let them off the hook for it.

So, you want a majority of the other monkeys in the cage to vote that minors should be allowed access to liquor stores.

Good luck with that!:D

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    So, you want a majority of the other monkeys in the cage to vote that minors should be allowed access to liquor stores.

Good luck with that!:D

Minors don't melt into a puddle upon viewing alcohol in Walmart, why would they do so in a liquor store?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Minors don't melt into a puddle upon viewing alcohol in Walmart, why would they do so in a liquor store?

A reasonable argument, at least with me. The whole "because they children" makes my eyes hurt from all the rolling I do.

Just saying that argument won't go far with some of the other monkeys. You listened to the committee testimony, yes? Long way to go before reason can trump emotion.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    A reasonable argument, at least with me. The whole "because they children" makes my eyes hurt from all the rolling I do.

Just saying that argument won't go far with some of the other monkeys. You listened to the committee testimony, yes? Long way to go before reason can trump emotion.

Republicans only legislate with reason, not emotion. It's true, I read it on the internet.

Top Bottom