• Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Awesome. I want in on that party!!

So update!
    Yes you will have to go through metal detectors even parking in the infield. At least it was in full swing today. Security is a joke. I'm not going to discuss methods on a forum because they read this **** too, but if you have half a brain then you are going to outsmart their minimum wage esg security.
    If good people can do it then you better believe scum bags are doing it. Stay safe

Metal detectors are great choke points to attack people as well. :rolleyes:
    They usually add a security risk instead of providing safety.

We had a few terrorist attacks around here that took place at security screenings, no need to walk inside to hurt people when they are all gathering outside and waiting in line to go thru the metal detectors.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Guy was discussing this topic this evening. It sounds like he's going to be researching more/reaching out to the General Counsel (assuming they have one, I'd be shocked if they didn't.) If the State Fair Board is not a State entity (I think he said it was identified as a municipal corporation by the Supreme Court) they are in violation of the preemption statute. Save those ticket stubs. I'm no lawyer but ticket + LTCH + denied right by municipal corporation * a lot of lawful carriers of handguns = lawsuit dog-pile.

I like the way Guy thinks on this.

...but I see no profit in a gun-owner dog pile. Literally no profit.

minuteman32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Central IN
    c3d20265-62f2-4456-adcb-ede180f0efd3

Here are the people who prohibit our rights under IN Constitution 1:32. They are the State Fair Board.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Guy was discussing this topic this evening. It sounds like he's going to be researching more/reaching out to the General Counsel (assuming they have one, I'd be shocked if they didn't.) If the State Fair Board is not a State entity (I think he said it was identified as a municipal corporation by the Supreme Court) they are in violation of the preemption statute. Save those ticket stubs. I'm no lawyer but ticket + LTCH + denied right by municipal corporation * a lot of lawful carriers of handguns = lawsuit dog-pile.
    My understanding is the Fair Commission was created by Indiana Administrative Code (IAC) so is a "state" organization. The IAC is where the firearm prohibition is codified. All at the State level.

EDIT:
    Also look like the IAC changed in 2016. NO WEAPONS ANY TIME unless for sale or trade at an event.
    http://www.in.gov/legislative/iac/T00800/A00110.PDF?

80 IAC 11-2-2 Deadly weapons prohibitedAuthority: IC 15-13-2-9Affected: IC 15-13-2; IC 15-13-7Sec. 2. (a) This section does not apply to a federal, state, or local law enforcement officer or to a person who has beenemployed or authorized by the commission to provide security protection and services.(b) No person in possession of a deadly weapon shall be permitted onto or be permitted to remain on the fairgrounds, unlessthat person can demonstrate that the deadly weapon is intended for sale or trade at an event that is taking place on the fairgrounds.(c) Except as provided in subsection (a), any deadly weapon found in the possession of a person while on the fairgroundsis subject to immediate confiscation by persons authorized under section 3 of this rule.(d) Any person properly licensed to carry a firearm must secure the firearm in a locked compartment of his or her vehicle,and it shall not be

Last edited:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Just another expensive entertainment venue that I'll stop visiting. Like BBI said, the cost of the food is crazy.

dung

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2017
    Charlestwon
    Could this line of reasoning be applied to the Indiana Port Commission and not being able to even have a weapon on the Port property?

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Just another expensive entertainment venue that I'll stop visiting. Like BBI said, the cost of the food is crazy.
    And, it is not just the fair. You can no longer carry at the Gun Show at the fairgrounds, or any other event.

For the complete list of events that you COULD carry at prior to 2016, but can no longer carry at, visit:
    https://www.indianastatefair.com/events/

Jeepster48439

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Marion County
    I guess that answers the question I was going to ask about knives.

I spent the afternoon and evening there on opening day. Eight hours total. Parked on the grounds off 42nd St. No gate to walk through. I had on me in plain sight, a multi-purpose tool, pepper spray, a folding knife on a belt clip and a utility knife. Must have walked past 2 dozen ISP officers, not to mention the numerous vendors and visitors. Not even a second look.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I'm hoping my wife can take off early on the 15th so we can visit the fair and see Grand Funk Railroad. Will I be able to exercise my 2A and Article 1 Section 32 Rights? Will I be joining the class action dog-pile? Will Grand Funk close with We're an American Band or Some Kind of Wonderful? Stay tuned to INGO for more updates!

"Closer to Home" is probably my favorite GFR tune... :)

Top Bottom