• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • possum_128

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Martinsville area
    I wasn't going to comment again but seeing how there are a few morons that have no clue as to what the ISL is about and just want to slam the group and be disrespectful I will say this one last time. The last thing the ISL wants is a armed conflict on American soil!! In this thread you guys posted about a SHTF situation. Not myself or Aaron funny how when someone fears or is intimidated by something they like to run it down. And we have done several things to help our community, a few food drives, helped out by transporting people from their homes when the river flooded north of Muncie. We have several ham operators that help in severe weather situations. And we have done other things to help the area in which we live. What we haven't done is been in one gun fight, never had a accidental shooting, never attacked another group, or the government. If you won't even take the time to go to the web site and investigate and see what we are about you guys are close minded ignorant people in MY opinion. Scutter01 if you did look you will see there is many more privates and corporals than officers in our ranks and by the way 75% + of our training doesn't include small arms or for that matter anything related to weapons we offer comms. Training, how to grow and store food including smoking meat, water storage and purification, disaster relief, medical training the list goes on. But I am not going to partake in this thread any longer see we at least get out and try to help our community, we just don't sit at a keyboard and cry. We actually helped transport some senior citizens to the polls on Tuesday. WHAT HAVE ANY OF YOU GUYS DONE?

Can't speak for everyone but I have done all that and more, and I don't wear a uniform (anymore) and run around with a group with a silly name. I sure hope this won't stop you and your little group from coming to my rescue when I'm under attack by armed invaders at my home because I'm sure I will need you all's help.:laugh:

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    If anyone is being disrespectful I would have to say it would be the members of ISL partaking in name calling. Two of us (who do help our community to the best of our abilities) ask a question and are in turn called morons. I can honestly say I am not intimidated by someone who calls people names from behind a keyboard.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Dammit! Sounds like you had a good run, though.

Indeed you should try it sometime. when they advertise room to advance they mean it.

I can assist. I hereby KNIGHT you into the militia. You to CHEZ add that to your super title. Good luck affording the namtape though. its like a dollar an inch.

SkullDaddy.45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    0hio
    We sell really cool ranks in the Lurking League Militia. For $2 you can become Sargent, , $5 gets you a Generals ranking, , and for $10 you become the ****ing President!!!! Just like in real life!!!

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    We sell really cool ranks in the Lurking League Militia. For $2 you can become Sargent, , $5 gets you a Generals ranking, , and for $10 you become the ****ing President!!!! Just like in real life!!!

SD, you can't be a genuine "Lurker" until you go in to your User CP>Settings and turn on "Invisibility Mode". How can you expect to "lurk" when everyone can see you?!??

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Is the militia a bad thing or something?

that's a loaded question. In practicality, in the true sense of a militia no. In the way these groups have come on here and the information they have given, yes. We do know for a fact they cannot take constructive critism, nor remember what they themselves have even posted.

the TRUE modern "militia" in use the way they would have been in use during the founding of the country, are more volunteers than anything else, as the militaristic aspect that was needed back then to protect from native americans, and protect themselves are not really needed. they WERE needed in a military fashion but that was before we had the right to vote. the ability to vote should negate any militaristic need of a militia. by that standard they sort of default into the armed anti gov't types.

at a stretch you might be able to call them a mutual support group, however they only roughly fit into that category as well.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Is the militia a bad thing or something?
    There are several definitions and interpretations of the word. The word "Militia" does not necessarily refer to something bad.

I consider myself to be part of a "militia" in the sense that I am an able(ish) bodied citizen of the state of Indiana who would gladly assist my community in the time of crisis and would stand and defend my fellow citizens to the best of my ability should the need arise.

I do not, however, belong to any tactical club where I pretend to be military and claim rank.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    that's a loaded question. In practicality, in the true sense of a militia no. In the way these groups have come on here and the information they have given, yes. We do know for a fact they cannot take constructive critism, nor remember what they themselves have even posted.

the TRUE modern "militia" in use the way they would have been in use during the founding of the country, are more volunteers than anything else, as the militaristic aspect that was needed back then to protect from native americans, and protect themselves are not really needed. they WERE needed in a military fashion but that was before we had the right to vote. the ability to vote should negate any militaristic need of a militia. by that standard they sort of default into the armed anti gov't types.

at a stretch you might be able to call them a mutual support group, however they only roughly fit into that category as well.

Are you really saying that because we have the right to vote, we no longer need militias who are trained to use firearms?

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Are you really saying that because we have the right to vote, we no longer need militias who are trained to use firearms?

That is the premise of what I said yes. I didn't say we wouldn't need them in the future, I didn't say they were a bad thing. but RIGHT NOW, yes, we are not to far gone that we cant vote out way out of it.

I have interacted with a lot of "miltia" like these groups, and they are far from what you are picturing as the militia.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    There are several definitions and interpretations of the word. The word "Militia" does not necessarily refer to something bad.

I consider myself to be part of a "militia" in the sense that I am an able(ish) bodied citizen of the state of Indiana who would gladly assist my community in the time of crisis and would stand and defend my fellow citizens to the best of my ability should the need arise.

I do not, however, belong to any tactical club where I pretend to be military and claim rank.

Are there limitations on what you would do to assist your community? I'm only asking these questions because it seemed like those guys just posted info for those interested, but were kind of ridiculed and belittled for it. If I had 10 buddies that I shot with very often, I would think we could be a force to deal with if ever needed. Still, if we were only needed to move some trees after a storm, that would be good, too. I get the joke about rank and all of that, but as they were presented, I don't see them being all that bad, as compared so others out there, who only desire to see the government fall.

Top Bottom