Indiana senate passes revised school parking lot gun bill!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Ah, yes, the old "Guns are going to make the holder snap and go on a shooting rampage! Blood will flow in our streets!" arguments.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Ah, yes, the old "Guns are going to make the holder snap and go on a shooting rampage! Blood will flow in our streets!" arguments.

Yep. the facebook responses are epic.
    "the kids will be worried about all the guns in the parking lot and will be unable to concentrate on their studies!"
    "great, now you are going to have kids going to their cars to settle arguments"
    "bus drivers will be carrying guns around my kids!"

Reading the exchanges, its clear they saw RIGHT through Ms. Watts' charade. Quite a few questions about her background, the fact that she goes by one name as a professional PR person, but another for this group, etc. I got the feeling they didnt put too much stock in her facade of "a concerned mommy".

TIme to write some letters to Gov Pence folks! Lets get this passed!

Governor Pence: Ask Mike

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Kaiser and some Beech Grove High School students said they believe the what ifs surrounding gun violence at schools will only increase if they're allowed on school parking lots.
    So, we're taking advice from high school students about the civil liberties of average Hoosiers?

Are "what ifs" really sufficient grounds upon which to exercise prior restraint on people exercising their Constitutional rights, especially when they are already holders of government licenses to exercise those Constitutional rights? I mean, how many layers of prior restraint are required before the stench of it gets overwhelming?

The Drifter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 20, 2013
    Cedar Lake
    This is a good law , I don,t know when it became a crime to have a gun on school property ,all I know is they used to teach gun safety in schools in the 1950 ys . Heck before that kids brought them to school ,so they could hunt after school on there way home . Boy, now those kids had respect for guns and life.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Who/where/how should I write the Governor? Is there a good address I should send it to? An online form?

It's absolutely ridiculous that I can drop off/pick up a child while armed but if I have to get out for any reason I cannot leave the firearm locked securely in the car - I essentially have to drive off-property, secure the firearm, and then walk back on-property to be able to go into the school - a bit absurd.

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    I can't tell you how many times my gun has just gone off and started shooting people when it was locked in the trunk of my car! Prolly cause it was zero! I've never even heard of a "school shooting" that happened in the parking lot.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    I can't tell you how many times my gun has just gone off and started shooting people when it was locked in the trunk of my car! Prolly cause it was zero! I've never even heard of a "school shooting" that happened in the parking lot.
    Would this law permit you to get out and put the gun in the trunk? I imagine you'd want to keep a secure box under the seat to store it without getting out of the vehicle to do so.

That said - no matter where you are, school or not, it's probably best if people don't see you putting your gun in your trunk just like it's not a good idea for people to see you lock your laptop in your trunk and walk away.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    So, we're taking advice from high school students about the civil liberties of average Hoosiers?

Are "what ifs" really sufficient grounds upon which to exercise prior restraint on people exercising their Constitutional rights, especially when they are already holders of government licenses to exercise those Constitutional rights? I mean, how many layers of prior restraint are required before the stench of it gets overwhelming?

Beech Grove School Superintendent Kaiser said that guns shouldn't be anywhere near schools.. Uhm, sorry man, BGHS is right out my back door :D

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    Someone posted that he has a 100% rating from GOA. Unless he wants to move to middle for setup for 2016 election. I think we are safe. I don't see him pulling a Christie on us.

Top Bottom