Indiana Second Amendment March is now set!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • The Meach

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Nobletucky
    Well here is an Idea. Since this 2a march run, anybody want to set a place where all of us in Ingo can park and meet-up? Seems like it would be easier than going it alone and "flashmobing" the statehouse.

SavageEagle do you think they would let us use the same lot again that we marched out of for your walk last fall?

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Well here is an Idea. Since this 2a march run, anybody want to set a place where all of us in Ingo can park and meet-up? Seems like it would be easier than going it alone and "flashmobing" the statehouse.

SavageEagle do you think they would let us use the same lot again that we marched out of for your walk last fall?

I really didn't have to ask. They just said it was fine, whenever. The lot is pretty well empty on the weekends so we would most likely have it to ourselves. Not many people know it's free on the weekends. :dunno: I didn't know it was free on the weekends until after the Walk.

You'll have to email the idea to Jared. I emailed him earlier today and no response yet from him. Apparently he cut me out of the planning phase of this as we talked a few times last year.

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    inaccuracies in that handout

We have also seen attempts at the state level to infringe on this bedrock right that, thankfully, have failed to date.
    Not so. This attempt at infringement was successful:
    IC 35-47-2-1
    Carrying a handgun without a license or by person convicted of domestic battery
    Sec. 1. (a) Except as provided in subsection (b) and section 2 of this chapter, a person shall not carry a handgun in any vehicle or on or about the person's body, except in the person's dwelling, on the person's property or fixed place of business, without a license issued under this chapter being in the person's possession.
    Violation - Article I Section 32 - Indiana Constitution
    You must have a License to Carry a Handgun (LTCH) if you would like to exercise your right to carry a handgun in public.
    Then you do not have a right to carry a handgun in public. (Striking "to exercise your right" from that sentence would make it true and accurate based on current law.)
    A LTCH is obtained by applying for one at your local police or sheriff's department. You will be fingerprinted and will have to pay fees to the government in order to exercise your rights.
    Then they are no longer rights.

Last edited:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Not so. This attempt at infringement was successful:

Violation - Article I Section 32 - Indiana Constitution Very true. However, 99% have not been.

Then you do not have a right to carry a handgun in public. (Striking "to exercise your right" from that sentence would make it true and accurate based on current law.

Then they are no longer rights.

You do have a right to carry, but it is infringed. It's a bit PC, but you still have the right as long as you're proven to not be a felon or wife/child beater. :dunno: It sucks, but it's only one inaccuracy. We did our homework best we could. Where were YOU when we setup the OC Walk? :D

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    You do have a right to carry, but it is infringed. It's a bit PC, but you still have the right as long as you're proven to not be a felon or wife/child beater. :dunno: It sucks, but it's only one inaccuracy. We did our homework best we could. Where were YOU when we setup the OC Walk? :D

Not trying to be argumentative, or pick on/at you. Glad you didn't take it that way. The highlighted part just irks the **** out of me, and always will. You all did your homework and did a great job on the last one. Monitored your OC walk periodically from a distance (Sept. 27th IIRC). Did not want to declare and then not show up due to work obligations. Already made plans for that weekend in April, too.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Not trying to be argumentative, or pick on/at you. Glad you didn't take it that way. The highlighted part just irks the **** out of me, and always will. You all did your homework and did a great job on the last one. Monitored your OC walk periodically from a distance (Sept. 27th IIRC). Did not want to declare and then not show up due to work obligations. Already made plans for that weekend in April, too.

No no, not a problem. Legal loopholes and PC :bs: is a trip ain't it? :D

Anyway, you should really try to come to this one. I don't care what's going on, i'll be there. It's just a shame many, many people will not come because it's OC with rifles and everything. :rolleyes: Oh well, we'll see how it goes. The first one went off without a hitch. I just can't believe he's got IMPD involved AGAIN. We shouldn't have to be babysat like a bunch of kids.

Scarnucci

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    IN
    THIS EVENT IS OPEN-CARRY, WITH A COUPLE STIPULATIONS:
    1)YOU MUST POSSESS A VALID HANDGUN PERMIT IN ORDER TO CARRY A HANDGUN, OPEN OR CONCEALED, PER INDIANA HANDGUN LAW!!!
    2) ALL LONG GUNS ARE PERMITTED. THE FIREARM CAN HAVE LOADED MAGAZINE, BUT NO ROUNDS MAY BE CHAMBERED WHILE CARRYING. LONG GUNS MUST BE CARRIED WITH THE MUZZLE POINTED SAFELY TO THE GROUND AT ALL TIMES.

Regarding the carry stipulations...

Stipulation 1 is per Indiana law.

Stipulation 2 is per what...just because? Should someone expect to have their chamber inspected before the march? Any particular reason you get to choose which way someone has their barrel pointing?

Not wanting to cause static, but I am very interested in why these rules are in place. A mandate of the city? Event planner?

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008

Stipulation 2 is per what...just because? Should someone expect to have their chamber inspected before the march? Any particular reason you get to choose which way someone has their barrel pointing?

Not wanting to cause static, but I am very interested in why these rules are in place. A mandate of the city? Event planner?

Not sure his reasons, but he seems to have planned this step for step of the OC Walk I held last year.

Our reasons for stipulation two were very simple. It removed the possibility of an ND or AD and since there are tall buildings in Indy, it removed the possibility of someone on a second story perch from saying someone was pointing their gun at them.

Yes, before the OC Walk, I made EVERYONE show their LTCH and inspect their chamber. Purely for safety so the Anti's couldn't try anything rash.

DocBoCook

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Clermont

Agreed, not that I couldn't rack a round really quickly, but why no shell in the chamber?:starwars:nev'mind. answered

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!

Number two is because of the buildings IIRC.
    You could be sweeping windows with your muzzle just by walking.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Agreed, not that I couldn't rack a round really quickly, but why no shell in the chamber?:starwars:nev'mind. answered

Keep in mind, this isn't for your carry pistol. Again, not sure 100% how he's handling this. For my Walk, I allowed your carry pistol to be carried normally (Cocked and Locked), granted, just as you would go about your day, it was not permitted to unholster, wave it around and say "Hey, look at my shiny new GLOCK!" :D It was just a long arm issue.

DocBoCook

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Clermont
    Keep in mind, this isn't for your carry pistol. Again, not sure 100% how he's handling this. For my Walk, I allowed your carry pistol to be carried normally (Cocked and Locked), granted, just as you would go about your day, it was not permitted to unholster, wave it around and say "Hey, look at my shiny new GLOCK!" :D It was just a long arm issue.
    That's an oxymoron. we all know it looks like a old rotten stick of butter!!!:D

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    Not sure his reasons, but he seems to have planned this step for step of the OC Walk I held last year.

Our reasons for stipulation two were very simple. It removed the possibility of an ND or AD and since there are tall buildings in Indy, it removed the possibility of someone on a second story perch from saying someone was pointing their gun at them.

Yes, before the OC Walk, I made EVERYONE show their LTCH and inspect their chamber. Purely for safety so the Anti's couldn't try anything rash.

Number two is because of the buildings IIRC.
    You could be sweeping windows with your muzzle just by walking.

I should read all the posts before posting. LOL

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    Savage and I agree more times than not, this is definately a not...

For my Walk, I allowed your carry pistol to be carried normally (Cocked and Locked),

Your tactic leaves a bit to be desired. On a public street and being a regular Joe... you should really be phrasing it "I asked everyone" and for the second sentence... well, just omitted it.

From your past posts on this issue to current ones, you aren't in a position and shouldn't be acting like you are in some sort of position of authority.

It's a public street, not your (or the other guys) private property. By both of your own words, you were very clear this wasn't a march and thus, it's completely public.

Hell I might just show up so I can refuse to "allow you" to visualize the chamber of my rifle, lol. Seriously man, if you are relly trying to placate the anti's, don't have the march, lol.

FWIW: I don't care how or what you carry at the Valpo event. Rifle, Pistol, shotgun, open, concealed... aside from possible local LEOs (over which we have no control), no one will be demanding to see anything or making you show anything.

It's called letting people be big boys and girls and take responsibility... especialy when you have no say or control over them or the streets they are on.

Perhaps if you SUGGEST they carry their rifles with an empty chamber and ASK them to double check when they arrive and REMIND them they need a LTCH to carry an handgun it would go a lot farther.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Savage and I agree more times than not, this is definately a not...

Your tactic leaves a bit to be desired. On a public street and being a regular Joe... you should really be phrasing it "I asked everyone" and for the second sentence... well, just omitted it.

From your past posts on this issue to current ones, you aren't in a position and shouldn't be acting like you are in some sort of position of authority.

It's a public street, not your (or the other guys) private property. By both of your own words, you were very clear this wasn't a march and thus, it's completely public.

Hell I might just show up so I can refuse to "allow you" to visualize the chamber of my rifle, lol. Seriously man, if you are relly trying to placate the anti's, don't have the march, lol.

FWIW: I don't care how or what you carry at the Valpo event. Rifle, Pistol, shotgun, open, concealed... aside from possible local LEOs (over which we have no control), no one will be demanding to see anything or making you show anything.

It's called letting people be big boys and girls and take responsibility... especialy when you have no say or control over them or the streets they are on.

Perhaps if you SUGGEST they carry their rifles with an empty chamber and ASK them to double check when they arrive and REMIND them they need a LTCH to carry an handgun it would go a lot farther.

Whoa there killer. This isn't my show here. I'm just saying how it went down for the Walk I organized. The one I organized, I set forth a set of rules that had to be abide by or you didn't participate. It was the first of it's kind in Indy and I wanted to make damn sure it went right with no accidents and it did.

You're right, I have no control on what other people do. And this event is not my show. I just explained how things went down last year. That's all. Maybe Jared's going to be a lot less strict. It's been done before. However, what happened at my event happened how I said it did and everything went smooth.

I hope this event is bigger and goes just as smooth.

Top Bottom